Home

Rickster101 Roster update

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Roster update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-01-2006, 01:32 AM   #17
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rickster101 Roster update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
but in any case to keep the integrity of the rosters from a (actual roster update) personel point of view they will be include,but this however this may result in a breakdown due to intended game senrios as in slots being taken up for "Franchise" type games due to the games "coded programming".

Such as certain game generate names and positions for "Franchise" use.
Could you or anyone explain more of this??

I've create just about everyone minus a few scrubs. I just wanna know did I waste my time.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #18
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Could you or anyone explain more of this??

I've create just about everyone minus a few scrubs. I just wanna know did I waste my time.

About the best way I could explain this is by referencing you to Finns opening statements when DLing his editor and reading what he said about the editor and its use and fucntions.

Also there are some very good threads posted awhile back by other members who've use the editors and have found out first hand what happens when the editor has reached certain limits.

An indication first observed will be the message you get when you've reach the games limit and you're told no more names can be create leaving you with no other option but to turn to the editor to complete the naming process and creation/conversion of others players as in the ones no longer in the league or retired players.

Don't forget that in Franchise mode player names and positions are generate there also for that mode of play and plus generate rookies which is why some guys experience freezeing or rosters locking up on them due to too many players created or altered.

But again I'd advise reading Finns opening statements when first DLing his editor and help guilds to help assist you in the process using the editor.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-01-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #19
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

This wasn't really all that difficult to do but anyway I've added Randall Williams to the Raiders but that left no more room on the roster for Chris Carr.

I didn't delete or move any players around because I wanted to keep the roster pretty much stable and didn't want any issues on my end but if you really want that player I'd suggest deciding for yourself who you want to remove from the roster and replace that player with Carr...in a word its up to you,their roster is full at this time.

Also I notice a TE rookie named Kevin Everett name was missing so I put that in also he's on the Bills team.

So to recap TE R.Williams is on the Raiders and K.Everett is named on the Bills. And again you make the call for who goes and who stays in order to get Carr in for the Raiders.

A good way to do that is to reaserch the teams season progression and find a player thats on IR or who has been cut/retired then make the hardline decision for your own preference as far as who stays and who goes,I'm going to do the same thing but first I plan on doing my own reaserch because most guys know their teams status better then I do.

The player used was Walter Rasby from the FA he is no longer in the league and was a 12 year vet so he was available for this process.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Rkstr101_v1.5.zip (255.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 01-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #20
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
About the best way I could explain this is by referencing you to Finns opening statements when DLing his editor and reading what he said about the editor and its use and fucntions.

Also there are some very good threads posted awhile back by other members who've use the editors and have found out first hand what happens when the editor has reached certain limits.

An indication first observed will be the message you get when you've reach the games limit and you're told no more names can be create leaving you with no other option but to turn to the editor to complete the naming process and creation/conversion of others players as in the ones no longer in the league or retired players.

Don't forget that in Franchise mode player names and positions are generate there also for that mode of play and plus generate rookies which is why some guys experience freezeing or rosters locking up on them due to too many players created or altered.

But again I'd advise reading Finns opening statements when first DLing his editor and help guilds to help assist you in the process using the editor.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Thanks for the info.

I read back on some of the older post but I'm still a lil lost. The thing I was doing was using the in game palyer create mode and overwriting names to put them into the editor. I then then used F/A's not in the league to take the new names and change the original names back then saved over and over.

I was able to get actual names in game that way, ex. Samkon Gado and Jared Lorezen.

I decided to sim my roster thru franchise. I simmed everything all the way thru 5 seasons during the 6th year, I decided to watch Sportscenter and it locked up.

I haven't retried it yet so I'm not sure if this was my roster. I remeber reading a while back somewhere that some people were having problems with the game freezing during Sportscenter and where told not to watch it.

Any advice??
There is no way in hell I can start over with all that I've done to Candyman's roster.

Also I've d/l the .274 editor and your roster looks fine.

I then checked my and of course a TON of names are missing but I've noticed that I can actually fixed them when I couldn't in the older version.
Will I waste time trying to fix my roster which will take a quite a while or will it create more heartache by having a roster done by two versions of the editor?
Old 01-01-2006, 07:30 PM   #21
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Thanks for the info.

I read back on some of the older post but I'm still a lil lost. The thing I was doing was using the in game palyer create mode and overwriting names to put them into the editor. I then then used F/A's not in the league to take the new names and change the original names back then saved over and over.

I was able to get actual names in game that way, ex. Samkon Gado and Jared Lorezen.

I decided to sim my roster thru franchise. I simmed everything all the way thru 5 seasons during the 6th year, I decided to watch Sportscenter and it locked up.

I haven't retried it yet so I'm not sure if this was my roster. I remeber reading a while back somewhere that some people were having problems with the game freezing during Sportscenter and where told not to watch it.

Any advice??
There is no way in hell I can start over with all that I've done to Candyman's roster.

Also I've d/l the .274 editor and your roster looks fine.

I then checked my and of course a TON of names are missing but I've noticed that I can actually fixed them when I couldn't in the older version.
Will I waste time trying to fix my roster which will take a quite a while or will it create more heartache by having a roster done by two versions of the editor?

What I do know is that the .272 or .274 editor has an "Auto-Repair" feature that attempts to make corrections to names you might have mistakenly messed up as far as I know the feature works to a certain degree and I've had no problems with it.

Staying with one editor would be wise also to avoid any conflicts between them,they are very good editors for the most part but when you start mixing apples with oranges you end up with a mixed bag of issues so what I do is try to remain consistant and test through the saves to insure consistency,stability and integrity in my rosters and inspite of all that there is no guarantee that issues won't happen so save and test wisely.

Chances are if you're using some other roster thats more then likely the source of your problems...the one I've been using and have posted I had Finn assist me himself and go through it for a final check.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2006, 08:00 PM   #22
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Hey Rickster, great job on these.
I do however have a quick question,which editor are you using? I have one (can't remember which one) but I noticed that some of the last names are missing.
If I'm using an old or outdated one,could you be so kind and direct me to the one you're using? Again ...great job

Just checked...version 2 1.167 I'm guessing this is old?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 01-01-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #23
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Hey Rickster, great job on these.
I do however have a quick question,which editor are you using? I have one (can't remember which one) but I noticed that some of the last names are missing.
If I'm using an old or outdated one,could you be so kind and direct me to the one you're using? Again ...great job

Just checked...version 2 1.167 I'm guessing this is old?

I'm using the .274 myself it seems to work quite well and was used in producing this roster update and also it has some nice features included as an update furnished by Finn himself...it should be available for DL via his site!!!

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 01-01-2006, 08:33 PM   #24
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I'm using the .274 myself it seems to work quite well and was used in producing this roster update and also it has some nice features included as an update furnished by Finn himself...it should be available for DL via his site!!!

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Thanks alot bro.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »