Home

Rickster101 Roster update

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Roster update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #89
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rickster101 Roster update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
And on a final note what do you mean by highlighted players I see no such players highlighted any where in the roster please explain?

They only show up in your RkstrBrn.zip file, not the others. Some players are highlighted yellow. It might have something to do with franchise play. I just never seen it before.

Side note, move WR Bobby Wade from Chicago to Tennessee, jersey #19.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #90
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
They only show up in your RkstrBrn.zip file, not the others. Some players are highlighted yellow. It might have something to do with franchise play. I just never seen it before.

Gotcha I may have to do it in the next release, I just posted v9. Do me a favor an see if its DLing ok.

I'll check the Franchise again but I hadn't seen anything as you've decribed either!!! Could be the editor I used, I'm not sure but I used the .274.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 01-19-2006, 06:33 PM   #91
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2

Done deal Wades been takin' care of and Eddie Berlin is the new player filling that slot for the Bears all this is in the v9 updated and re-posted.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2006, 10:07 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1

The players highlighted are injured players. Great work rickster
Old 01-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #93
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman713
The players highlighted are injured players. Great work rickster

So thats whats going on with those highlighted players now it all makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me bro I really appreciate your reply on the matter so now it appears the rosters are set right and theres nothing wrong with the file.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 01-20-2006, 02:23 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Rickster,
can you please tell me if your roster v9 contains the editing for the players?
If not could you be so kind to post here a roster v9 with all the edits so that we can test how the edits work?
Many thanks for your amazing dedication and work!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #95
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Dear Rickster,
can you please tell me if your roster v9 contains the editing for the players?
If not could you be so kind to post here a roster v9 with all the edits so that we can test how the edits work?
Many thanks for your amazing dedication and work!

I must say Bascape666 you have got to be one of the most persistant individuals I've had the pleasure of knowing here at this site as a fellow member and once again I'll post what I have said in a previous post pertaining to edits and the like so as there will be no misunderstanding to what I've said it this a direct quote verbatim (word by word) from that post.

Quote direct from Rickster101:

"As for the edits you're inquirying about they're really to numerious to mention since I didn't document them but I can tell you this, they weren't globally edited.

Most edits I do are on a case by case editing system I employ which allows me to look at each player as an individual based on his actual performance during the season and finalizing based on his seasonal performance for example....

Players having a so-so season as in Jamal Lewis and his performance, I look at what he's done based on his actual seasonal statistics and adjust accordingly using real NFL data researched via various web sites and team web sites to get a true representation of what he did, this is what I do for most players to fit them into current trends and updated data from their actual NFL stats which I try to mimic into their performance for use in the NFL 2K5 game.

Its really simple and anyone can do it but you must do your homework and research the data provided in the form of data and stats,I've taken Jamal Lewis from a 4.7 per average carry to a 3.3 to 3.5 average to reflect his actual performance this past season,some my not agree with this method but as I've stated the numbers don't lie.

Just look at the end of season stats and you'll see for yourselves what the players did during the season, the actual numbers inputed varies and its more of a gradual adjustment and see what comes out in the end to reflect those numbers but one thing for certain is that his numbers should come down and line up in accordance to his true performance this can be done with any player whoes number should go up or come down be it a running back or quarterback or any other player position thats not reflecting his actual or close to actual seasonal performance.

I don't have a one fits all formula due to the differences in the players like size weight and other physical attributes then theres the team as a whole that provides the other aspects to aide him such as the offensive lines performance to open holes and substain blocks for success on running and passing plays,the quarterbacks "mind" set to read and find open recievers there are just too many senerios that are more random and almost impossible to antisapate including the defensive responses and reactions.

You could use global tweaks but IMO it takes away from certain things happening on the field and does aide some players but at the same time takes away from others depending on the individuals original ratings.

The only exceptions I can see are in the quarterback and defensive back performances as we all are aware of this is something more attributed IMO to the games hardcodeing and is probably the most difficult to work thru in balancing out, I think what baa7 and others have researched holds validity in resolving these issues but to applie it globally just doesn't hold up well IMO because of teams and their various make ups and styles of play so what I do is go by it on a case by case senerio.

Its complicated and would only confuse some of you guys who don't get into details/theorys and testing to find the right fix, theres been so much posted and re-posted on the subject that to go thru it again would only like I said confuse you even more but that info is available here in the threads if you want to read up on it".

End of Quote.

As you can see nothing and I mean absolutly nothing has changed in my process of editing players for this video game and I just don't get into that crunching the numbers thing just not my style, I'm a gamer and would rather spend my time playing the game and having fun.

Theres no magic, no hocus pocus stuff up my sleeve theres no ancient chinese secret nothing to that effect just work and research using NFL statistical data found on the internet and through various publications accessable to anyone interested in viewing them.

The closest I can tell you is that its all in my head and the best way to describe what I do is to say the edits are "Custom" made one of a kind works of art...ESPN NFL 2K5 video game 49.99, resale/used 9.99,micorsoft memory card 22.99, Action Replay System 29.99, Rickster101 Roster Edits...... priceless!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #96
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

I own an X-Port. Is there any way to convert the file from MAX to "xps.", so that I could download these great files. Or is there an "xps." version with your most recent changes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »