Home

PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

This is a discussion on PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #49
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

anyone know if the patch is out for the ps3/360.....I heard Europe got a patch on the 5th. It updates transfers and team kits.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Keep the impressions coming guys.

Please pay close attention to sub and formation logic. I earlier posted that it does not appear to be as well done as last year.

Game's still a bit fast. I would love to slow it down. I'm also wanting to see if the strikers lay off a bit or if they blindly just attack any defender with the ball. That has been a problem with the game for a while.

You should be able to move the ball around out of and in the back without high pressure, save the occasional challenge from a cherry picking striker.

I love free kicks and I love the amount and variety of fouls
Stop with the sub logic. You are a but nuts on that.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #51
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I have a request for another tip if anyone can help. How do you cope with the spacing that the backline always leaves? These players get out of position all the time. It's been a problem in this game for years and I'm starting to think that Seabass, in all his infinite wisdom has left it in there on purpose.
In Winning Eleven 9 there was an option called "Line Defense". This option kept players at their respective position when playing D. They took it out as an option last year cause I looked for it and could not find the option.

My work around it was to make the CB's play light defensive pressure and make the Full backs and wingers play higher defensive pressure. I am gonna get this game today!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #52
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Stop with the sub logic. You are a but nuts on that.
Ha. You sound like my wife.

BTW, as a Rockies fan, do you think your team got enough back for Matt Holliday? I don't know much about the Rockies but I know he is a very good player.

The sub/formation logic IS the game. That's the most crucial element of a soccer match, the chess pieces being moved around by the respective managers in hopes of gaining an edge.

When team USA is down a goal there are decisions to be made. Should Donovan pinch a bit and shade to the central midfield as opposed to attacking from a wider position? Should he push up to the top of the box? Or, will he stay put while a 3rd attacker is placed up top, providing him more space?

Do you watch soccer or have you played soccer? Rarely do teams stay in the formation in which they began. This is more pronounced by a deficit.

PES has always done this very well.

Do you play video baseball games? If you were down a run in the 9th, would you expect to face the backup shortstop on the mound or the teams dominant closer?

On the last play of a video football game where the cpu has to hail mary, would you expect to see a jumbo package and have the cpu run?

In video game basketball, if a team is down by 10 with a minute left, who do you see on the floor? Do you see the "Big" package or the "3 point shooters" package?

In hockey, when down a goal with less than a minute left, do you not see the goalie pulled for an extra attacker?

Absolutely, unequivocally, sub logic and formation logic is ESSENTIAL.

Last edited by slthree; 11-13-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Ha. You sound like my wife.

BTW, as a Rockies fan, do you think your team got enough back for Matt Holliday? I don't know much about the Rockies but I know he is a very good player.

The sub/formation logic IS the game. That's the most crucial element of a soccer match, the chess pieces being moved around by the respective managers in hopes of gaining an edge.

When team USA is down a goal there are decisions to be made. Should Donovan pinch a bit and shade to the central midfield as opposed to attacking from a wider position? Should he push up to the top of the box? Or, will he stay put while a 3rd attacker is placed up top, providing him more space?

Do you watch soccer or have you played soccer? Rarely do teams stay in the formation in which they began. This is more pronounced by a deficit.

PES has always done this very well.

Do you play video baseball games? If you were down a run in the 9th, would you expect to face the backup shortstop on the mound or the teams dominant closer?

On the last play of a video football game where the cpu has to hail mary, would you expect to see a jumbo package and have the cpu run?

In video game basketball, if a team is down by 10 with a minute left, who do you see on the floor? Do you see the "Big" package or the "3 point shooters" package?

In hockey, when down a goal with less than a minute left, do you not see the goalie pulled for an extra attacker?

Absolutely, unequivocally, sub logic and formation logic is ESSENTIAL.
In the past, PES didn't change formation. They changed mentalities. As for adding extra attackers...maybe. Their logic is better than FIFA's non-logic. But if you want logic like that buy FM 09.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #54
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
In the past, PES didn't change formation. They changed mentalities. As for adding extra attackers...maybe. Their logic is better than FIFA's non-logic. But if you want logic like that buy FM 09.
I beg to differ. On a regular basis, the cpu in PES would go with 3 attackers when down, that 3rd attacker having come off the bench for a defender. Thats great logic and its been there for years.

And yes, I certainly agree with you on FIFA's lack of logic.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #55
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
anyone know if the patch is out for the ps3/360.....I heard Europe got a patch on the 5th. It updates transfers and team kits.

Thanks
I heard the US version was going to ship already updated (I have the Euro version). Are the rosters up to date?

Basically there was the 1.20 patch which added some features including a 'download' option under systems settings, and some replay gallery or some such nonsense. Then after you have the 1.20 patch you go through that to download the in-game update which includes updated transfers and names/kits for a few teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
Playing conservatively for 15 minute halves I would have finsihed with a score around 7 to 2 in FIFA. I'm not sure why EA doesn't get that playing defense can be fun too. It makes scoring more rewarding as well.
Sorry, but this is just flat out wrong. If you love PES, great. But don't say stuff about FIFA 09 that just simply isn't true; you give people the wrong impression. If you adjust tactics, and play the game on full manual (FIFA), it's very realistic in all areas...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »