Home

PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

This is a discussion on PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #217
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Good looking out Bahnzo. I'll give it a go next time I play. If only I could get my damn EASHL teammates to leave me alone for a night...
Not my fault you don't ignore us
Old 01-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Change your CB's to Sweepers. They will not push up as far and will not wander out onto the wings either. Also, if you have a problem with your Left and Right Backs wandering up and leaving the wings uncovered, change them to CB's. They will stay at home on the sides, but at the expense of not pushing up in the attack. I use that alot when defending a lead.
Great ideas man. I'll have to try that out. Been playing a little Fifa lately too. One thing I do like about Fifa is how the defenseive guys tend to stay put more. But I think i like PES better overall cuz of the variety.

One problem I'm having is getting confused between the two control schemes.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #219
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint19
One problem I'm having is getting confused between the two control schemes.
I did too, luckily changing the configuration in PES is simple. I made sprint R2 instead of R1 (ps3), haven't looked back.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #220
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I did too, luckily changing the configuration in PES is simple. I made sprint R2 instead of R1 (ps3), haven't looked back.
I also changed sprint to R-trigger (for 360, same as R2). I took it a step further and mapped the 'special controls' button to L-trigger, allowing me to do the slow dribble and jockey as I would in FIFA. I think it's easier as I don't have to use two fingers on one side of the controller to do the big knock-on sprint dribble (I forget what they call it). The only drawback is that player-switching is now on RB (R1), but I'm adapting. Have to admit I miss the R-stick player switching from FIFA, even if it was a little wonky...

Also, for those that have changed configs, if you go to 'Command List' in the pause menu, all the moves will have the correct buttons listed based on your changes. It was quite confusing for me trying to refer to the manual -- it was like reading a cipher where RB was R-trigger, R-trigger was L-trigger and L-trigger was LB, LB was RB...
Old 02-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #221
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

I just won the Champions League with Inter and I've got to say I'm impressed with the way the Champions League license was implemented. I like how the music plays in the background while in the menus, as silly as that sounds.

A few things that struck me:

-I liked how with each round progression I actually felt like I was advancing further into the tournament. The games in the knockout rounds had the players lining up on the field in front of the Champions League banners while the music played.

-Games got a bit tougher and tighter as I progressed. I played against Atletico Madrid in the semis and it was very tough. Good defense all around, some narrow misses by both teams and no goals scored in regulation or extra time. I eventually won on penalties, 8-7 as Chivu hit the winner.

-The final felt like it was a Champions League final. From the introductions to the announcers to the play on the field. It was nice. Then...

-When I won, the presentation at the end was awesome. It showed the players celebrating near the team's supporters section, then raising the trophy with the explosion of confetti, then running around with the trophy and finally running off the field with the medals around their necks waving to the supporters. And before all of that happened it showed Ronaldo (I beat Man. U 2-0 in the final) sitting on the pitch with his hands over his face lol. Why isn't presentation like this in other sports games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #222
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

can someone tell me if the number of fouls increase if you up the master league difficulty level?

the lack of fouls is killing me...i have all but maimed guys and not gotten a whistle, and watched as my dudes are hacked at with no calls...and then a tiny foul is finally called and it brings a booking...

i really liked older PES games that had variable foul rates...some games were physical, others were 'hands-off' thanks to the style of the ref, etc...now I take one non-offsides FK each game...

i am really enjoying the game, the positions seem to play more dynamically, but the ability to just bowl over a dribbler and take the ball is a bit off putting.

edit: wtf is up with secondary pressure? used to be the square button would bring pressure from the man closest to the ball...but now I cannot tell how it is determined...wanted my CF to pressure a defender that had tracked down a loose ball and had no support, while i still controlled my MF...my CF doesn't move...instead my WB, who is a good 40 yds away begins to run up field...wtf? the absurdity that this can cause while defending in your own end is remarkable and makes you want to scream everytime your CB dashes out of the box or leaves a gaping hole in front of goal to pressure a man that is closer to 1 or 2 of your other players...

essentially, the square button for pressure is ruined. thanks, pes.

and what is up with GKs? My very good GK can't stop anything, and bungles things every time i ask him to charge the ball, whether it is loose or not.

Last edited by fugazi; 02-17-2009 at 09:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »