Home

PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

This is a discussion on PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
KOL
Charmer

KOL's Arena

OVR: 15
PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

Howdy fellow PES gamers,

I live in the U.K and release date here is this coming friday, once I get the game I will be on these boards answering any of your queries.
Is anyone else picking up the game friday?
Do you guys think I should create a new thread on friday for impressions of these?

Cheers,
The Met.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
goz
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMet89
Howdy fellow PES gamers,

I live in the U.K and release date here is this coming friday, once I get the game I will be on these boards answering any of your queries.
Is anyone else picking up the game friday?
Do you guys think I should create a new thread on friday for impressions of these?

Cheers,
The Met.

I just got the game yesterday here in the states for the PC, imported. This version is 100 times better that last year’s version. I played a game with rain on and I was very impressed by how the ball reacts and players react to the condition. It was the best rain effect i have ever seen. Keepers are a lot better than the Demo version. I'm seeing me LB, RB defenders actually help on offence this year compared to the last 2 years this didn't exist. I think this might be the best PES yet. Shooting is great, not as easy as last year where you can pretty much blast a shot from outside the box. This year scoring just feels more rewarding. I haven't played the BAL mode yet, I will try it out today after work. These are my quick impressions so far. i will get more time with the game tonight. If anyone has any question feel free and ask. My final comment, game feels better and complete. Pace is close to perfect. Back to work.

PEACE!
GOZ

Last edited by goz; 10-17-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goz
I just got the game yesterday here in the states for the PC, imported. This version is 100 times better that last year’s version. I played a game with rain on and I was very impressed by how the ball reacts and players react to the condition. I was the best rain effect i have ever seen. Keepers are a lot better than the Demo version. I'm seeing me LB, RB defenders actually help on offence this year compared to the last 2 years this didn't exist. I think this might be the best PES yet. Shooting is great, not as easy as last year where you can pretty much blast a shot from outside the box. This year scoring just feels more rewarding. I haven't played the BAL mode yet, I will try it out today after work. These are my quick impressions so far. i will get more time with the game tonight. If anyone has any question feel free and ask. My final comment, game feels better and complete. Pace is close to perfect. Back to work.

PEACE!
GOZ
My big question is editing. I know the game will play well.

So: is it like PS2 Winning Eleven/PES where you can edit pretty much everything, or PS3 Pro Evo from last year where you could barely edit kits and edit players/squads. Or somewhere in between...

Also, is the Bundesliga included? Even fake teams would be better than none like last season.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
goz
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99
My big question is editing. I know the game will play well.

So: is it like PS2 Winning Eleven/PES where you can edit pretty much everything, or PS3 Pro Evo from last year where you could barely edit kits and edit players/squads. Or somewhere in between...

Also, is the Bundesliga included? Even fake teams would be better than none like last season.
Editing is back to the way it originally was. It's great. there is so much you can edit to the jersey's unlike last year where you only had the option to edit the collar and the shirt style. But this time around you will have full range. Same thing with the shorts. Editing hair is a lot easier since it shows all the hair options where you just scroll to pick one, unlike previous versions where you would have to load each hair onto the player to see what it looked like. So editing seems to be back from the Dead.

I’ll check to see if bundesliga is included when I get home from work. I haven’t had a chance to check out all the leagues since I have been only playing Be A Legend Mode. So be patient and I will get back to you on that question. But the game is great!

PEACE!
GOZ
Old 10-19-2008, 03:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

If anyone has it on either console-> How does the online feel?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 05:11 AM   #6
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Sounds good Im debating getting this or FIFA 09. I really want to play with the Red Bulls but after playing the demo of FIFA 09, I was not happy with how the AI push the ball and took it off your players too easily against you. I guess I will go back to PES if all the impressions are sounding as good as you guys have stated.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99
No Bundesliga teams at all in any fashion. Last year they had Bayern, this year they don't even have them
Old 10-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Sounds good Im debating getting this or FIFA 09. I really want to play with the Red Bulls but after playing the demo of FIFA 09, I was not happy with how the AI push the ball and took it off your players too easily against you. I guess I will go back to PES if all the impressions are sounding as good as you guys have stated.
Yeah, I have the full Fifa game, and there are some big AI issues. As an offline player, it is turning me off. I really wish I waited a bit. We don't get PES here for another month.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »