Home

PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

This is a discussion on PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-02-2008, 04:40 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

Those who have PES 2009 already, do you still see the same issues in terms of laggy gameplay online?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

When I play against Euros then lag is a problem.

But there's hardly any Americans online to play against.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #19
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Does anyone have any more impressions?

I went to the Pro Evo (I think that is what it is called) website and they closed the long impressions forum due to fanboyism. Not sure if I want to dig through that mess.

I guess I have some questions for anyone that has played the game for a bit.

Are there the appropriate number of fouls called in a game in relation to what is seen on the real pitch?

How does the CPU play? Do they realistically mount an attack/have a plan of action? Or do they rush from end to end in an attempt to score?

Do teams play differently/have their own style, or do they all play the same? Better rated team does not mean playing differently. Teams should have a plan of attack based on personnel.

Can anyone answer the basics about missing teams? Who is missing/can they be created by the option file gurus?

Any thought to which version is better? Does the PS2 version play better than the PS3 for example?

Thanks to anyone who can answer or point me to somewhere where this is currently discussed.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
Those who have PES 2009 already, do you still see the same issues in terms of laggy gameplay online?
This is really the only thing from keeping me from getting this game. I heard last year was terrible and unplayable? I played 06 and was awesome online. I loved it.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
This is really the only thing from keeping me from getting this game. I heard last year was terrible and unplayable? I played 06 and was awesome online. I loved it.
Last year's online was unbearable, at least for the Ps3 version. Utter-garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #22
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

I just played my 1st exhibition game and I am really missing FIFA. Sure didnt expect that.

I took ManU and played USA. I beat them 2-0 on the middle level.

They did not sub until the 85th minute and they did not change their formation the entire game. I expected more.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #23
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

i've played about 5 exhibition games so far (all on top player ,20 min halves) and it is a big big step up from pes 2008.

3-1 (L)
0-0
2-0 (W)
2-0 (L)
1-1

Much more realistic pace (slower)
goalies are better and more realistic.....(too many needless rebounds and boneheaded moves in 08 )

goals are harder to come by. CPU do not leave open spaces like they did last year.

cpu on top player got harder overall
better player feel and control

stars come out and PLAY ( Kaka absolutely ran circles around me, but in that game ronaldinho was rather silent, but a superstar in the game can really take over the game for you or the cpu)

One of my big complaints in Fifa was that 95 percent of the goals were scored by either CF or AM....well in that first game I played(lost 3-1 to milan using liverpool), the first 2 goals were scored by flamini a CMF and Nesta a CB on a corner.

Another big fifa complaint is the lack of ability for the cpu to score rockets from outside the box. Well against Inter using juve (best GK in the world in buffon) Zanetti ripped a looong shot off the top post and in. Absolutely stunning. believe it or not I Played over 50 offline games in Fifa 10 min halves. didn't see ONE long range goal by the cpu ( Not even slightly outside the box either) I think due to the high agility in GK and the floatiness of the shots.

Another fifa complaint is the dumb teammate AI....PES teammate AI is smart and will help you out accordingly.

Now what Fifa excels over PES is the graphics and animations and presentation. PES can't compete with them in those areas, and I did miss Fifa's sexiness when I popped in PES, but as soon as those gameplay elements were introduced, It quickly reminded me why this game is the one for the long haul.

BTW, check out night games in the rain in PES, graphics look real nice there.

I'm gonna try out Be a Legend , hopefully it's another good feature.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 11-12-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #24
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Can you guys comment on fouls, how many are you seeing with 20 min halves? Will the CPU mount a patient attack if they are held up by the defense by setting up in your half of the pitch/showing patience type of play? There isn't back and forth pinball action all game is there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »