Home

PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

This is a discussion on PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: PES 2009 Impressions Coming Friday 17/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomerk
Sorry, but this is just flat out wrong. If you love PES, great. But don't say stuff about FIFA 09 that just simply isn't true; you give people the wrong impression. If you adjust tactics, and play the game on full manual (FIFA), it's very realistic in all areas...
No kidding, I've just started to play the game on full manual and it's very rewarding. Tough to do anything and probably the best football experience I've had since WE9.

The reason I am not getting PES 09 is the lack of teams and difficulty in getting OF into the 360. I wish they would just have generic players the required name editing not having to put in entire leagues.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 10

Anyone got some online impressions?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #59
Rookie

Gamecocks625's Arena

OVR: 4

Man, I had very, very low expectations for this game after hearing the Euros bash it to pieces. I played my first game in the day at the Swedish stadium and was blown away. I also love how you can edit the chants for each team. The ball physics are spot on, the graphics in general so smooth and really blows away 2008.

This is definitely the soccer game to play this year. I'm just waiting for the 1.20 patch from Konami that allows us to download the club update.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 7

This year I thought I might convert to FIFA, but I was way off base. I am so pleased with the offline product. The pace feels right, player responsiveness is as fine tuned as ever, and there are even quite a few new animations added in there that make things look great. Can't wait to get my hands on an option file that is really good.
The thing I love about this game (thats been lacking the last couple versions) and where PES really beats FIFA is that playing great players all feel different to play. Eto feels different than a guy like Ibrahimovic and he feels different than Adebayor and he feels different than Villa. And that is just for strikers!

Online sucks so far though...
Old 11-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #61
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffer
This year I thought I might convert to FIFA, but I was way off base. I am so pleased with the offline product. The pace feels right, player responsiveness is as fine tuned as ever, and there are even quite a few new animations added in there that make things look great. Can't wait to get my hands on an option file that is really good.
The thing I love about this game (thats been lacking the last couple versions) and where PES really beats FIFA is that playing great players all feel different to play. Eto feels different than a guy like Ibrahimovic and he feels different than Adebayor and he feels different than Villa. And that is just for strikers!

Online sucks so far though...

i was just reading trying to decide weather to grab pes this year and i have to commen on this. this board is spot on in the fact that fifa logic is iffy, in my opinion. but, i think this yaer there is finally differentiation among the skilled players when you play fifa. particularly with the strong players. you def feel the difference when you play with drogba as opposed to messi. i am not saying that fifa is better or starting a flame, just saying to give the demo a shot at least. i am curious in how much better PES is at the aspect of star differntiation this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
i was just reading trying to decide weather to grab pes this year and i have to commen on this. this board is spot on in the fact that fifa logic is iffy, in my opinion. but, i think this yaer there is finally differentiation among the skilled players when you play fifa. particularly with the strong players. you def feel the difference when you play with drogba as opposed to messi. i am not saying that fifa is better or starting a flame, just saying to give the demo a shot at least. i am curious in how much better PES is at the aspect of star differntiation this year...
Well I bought FIFA on release day this year. And I still feel that in FIFA you get the cookie cutter feeling from players. Messi and Drogba feel different, but Drogba and Rooney and Ibrahimovic and Adebayor and Berbatov all feel the same. Just like Messi feels like Eto and Villa among others. I would liken the feel to those old hockey games, where you could only choose 3 player types, the big bruisers (Big powerful strikers like Adriano), the all arounders (a guy like Henry), and smaller quicker guys (like Messi).
This differs from PES where, for example, Eto does a lot of north/south running and shots from distance, while Messi cuts in and out always probing the defense. Anyway, good luck with your choice.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Pretty much the consensus here and Pesgaming is that star players really stand out. PES 2009 did not get the credit it deserved, there was low expectations from my side as well - which is why I bought it on impulse...and I haven't looked back.

This game is incredible and is exactly what football/soccer is all about. FIFA has its perks, okay - but the gameplay is a bit behind in regards to the acts of randomness - the attacking style by the CPU is pass directly to the forwards - take 4-5 touches, and dribble, then shoot on target...by the 2nd half you have given up 20 shots. I know there are some advancements now via Blu and Carna with formation and custom tactics - but even then the interface to make those edits are a pain.

Seabass and Co. have brought back the beautiful gameplay that hardcore PES gamers know and grew to love. With some changes to animations and controls (dpad for skill), the game is really beautiful to watch and to play. At least rent the game before you decide if you want to purchase it or not - it'll be one of the best decisions you have ever made.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #64
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Matt, what changes did you make to animations and controls?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »