Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
The video looked great, but one thing that REALLY bothered me...

how often (in real baseball) do you see a ground ball down the line go for a single? It's a double or more like 99% of the time. So why am I still seeing grounders down the line being singles?? This has been an issue for . . . ever.
Damnit...my biggest pet peeve...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #282
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Thing I noticed the most: How fluid and quick the menu surfing is. I don't remember how last year was, but that's probably my main gripe with sports games. Long, slow glitches and loading during menu screens. Glad 15 looks smooth as something really smooth.

The devs just don't want you leaking videos of gameplay on an unfinished product, so they take away this feature. This alert won't be there in a finished game and that's why you don't have any games that block screens. It happens when I play the Planetside 2 closed Beta. Don't worry about it, it won't be there in the finished 15.
The menus look improved this year, but to me The Show has always been top notch in loading menu screens quickly. NBA 2k had the best menus on PS3, but it looks like The Show is better now. I love starting up the game and being able to edit a roster, start a franchise, and play a game within a few minutes. EAs menus have been awful for so long and it's beyond frustrating.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:25 PM   #283
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Thing I noticed the most: How fluid and quick the menu surfing is. I don't remember how last year was, but that's probably my main gripe with sports games. Long, slow glitches and loading during menu screens. Glad 15 looks smooth as something really smooth.

The devs just don't want you leaking videos of gameplay on an unfinished product, so they take away this feature. This alert won't be there in a finished game and that's why you don't have any games that block screens. It happens when I play the Planetside 2 closed Beta. Don't worry about it, it won't be there in the finished 15.

Those will be there in the finished game.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:36 PM   #284
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I wonder just how improved the trade logic is. The trade finder looks really cool. But seeing an Ackley for Holliday trade is a little worrisome. I don't think there were any ridiculous trades in the stream like past iterations. I guess only time will tell.
The AI doesn't know these players by name, it's only code it's going off of. It's trading player A for Player B.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-27-2015, 07:43 PM   #285
Rookie

T_O_p12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Next year or through a post-launch patch, I hope we see the Radio Show become customizable.

I'd like to be able to choose which teams I get updates from.

Options like:

- My Team Only

- Specific Division

- AL

-NL

-All
That is an awesome idea. I'd add milestones or something like major story lines. I can't see myself listening to it for the score recaps but would listen in for "big" stories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 07:44 PM   #286
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

The game looks great. The guys playing it make me look good at this game. Which is saying something. Russell stick to the P.R

The flow of the game just moves so much better and the lighting is really well done and the real equipment look really nice. I also like the variety of flags this year and the jumbo trons look really nice.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #287
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_p12
That is an awesome idea. I'd add milestones or something like major story lines. I can't see myself listening to it for the score recaps but would listen in for "big" stories.
It does talk about career milestones already (e.g. Miguel Cabrera picked up his 3,000th career hit), and even players being called up, etc.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #288
Rookie

Cman9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Like other people said, you can always change them. But the pants were throwbacks (old old throwbacks). The Black jersey should be worn every Friday though
I just hope we can match the white panel helmet with all home uniforms, orange, black and white home Jerseys. Last year you could only match the white panel with the white Jersey, the orange and black home Jersey you had to use away helmet no matter what. In real life they use the white panel helmet with any home Jersey/uniform.

Last edited by Cman9; 02-27-2015 at 07:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »