Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #273
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikiboy
Noticed this too (I'm an M's fan). Assuming this was likely the CPU as they were simulating trade logic and Franchise seasons.
Wilhelmsen and Ackley were traded too. I think the returns were Marwin Gonzalez and Matt Holliday, which probably means some guys got hurt. Brad probably sucks this year, so a possible scenario is Taylor got hurt and the CPU wanted to replace him.

OT, I just noticed Kiley McDaniel has Chris Taylor as a 55 FV, a 55! I wish he rated out like that in The Show, I had him at 82 potential last year.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #274
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Franchise Improvements, Inside the Radio Show & More

I wonder just how improved the trade logic is. The trade finder looks really cool. But seeing an Ackley for Holliday trade is a little worrisome. I don't think there were any ridiculous trades in the stream like past iterations. I guess only time will tell.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #275
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I highly doubt it. You dont have to sim in franchise though?

to play multiple 162 game seasons for sure I'd need to sim.

I like the 29 game seasons, wish I could set it to 40 games and control the schedule, that'd be best.

its 50/50 on the chance, most not all but most of the mode in franchise is mirrored in season, at least option wise.

The GM 3 year thing would be nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #276
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I wonder just how improved the trade logic is. The trade finder looks really cool. But seeing an Ackley for Holliday trade is a little worrisome. I don't think there were any ridiculous trades in the stream like past iterations. I guess only time will tell.
I think the more questionable trade was Shelby Miller for Ben Revere.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #277
MVP

OVR: 3

So is there a summary of things revealed in this latest stream?
Old 02-27-2015, 06:59 PM   #278
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Here's a question, I'm not a franchise guy mainly because I don't like simming. Will the gm 3 year option be available in season mode? Where I can play all of my games
I don't believe it is. Not 100% sure, but I think gm contract goals are only for franchise mode.

I don't have my notes with me, but I believe the yearly goals (can)change each season of the 3 years. So it might be go .500 the first year and the second year win a title.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:02 PM   #279
Banned

OVR: 0

The video looked great, but one thing that REALLY bothered me...

how often (in real baseball) do you see a ground ball down the line go for a single? It's a double or more like 99.9% (if not 100%) of the time. So why am I still seeing grounders down the line being singles?? This has been an issue for . . . ever.

Last edited by Padgoi; 02-27-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #280
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Thing I noticed the most: How fluid and quick the menu surfing is. I don't remember how last year was, but that's probably my main gripe with sports games. Long, slow glitches and loading during menu screens. Glad 15 looks smooth as something really smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Apparently i have no games that block some screens right now so i cant test this. I like to take screenshots of some of the loading screens that come up. Things like End of Month stats. Whenever 15 goes into a loading screen you get the notification that game play recording has been stopped. Anyone know if its only the recordings that dont work and you can still take screenshots in those situations?
The devs just don't want you leaking videos of gameplay on an unfinished product, so they take away this feature. This alert won't be there in a finished game and that's why you don't have any games that block screens. It happens when I play the Planetside 2 closed Beta. Don't worry about it, it won't be there in the finished 15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »