Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-25-2014, 11:07 PM   #137
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
1 players get injured 2 teams can under achive (im sure in 95 people said no way george karl would leave peyton and kemp) 3 pop said hed retire when tim does 1 year 2? Those teams you mentiond could have completly diferent rosters by the time he get there not to mention your myplayer being a 90 overal. Rivers has alot of connections to other teams as well, played for the hawks, knicks coached the magic, celtics.My point is the landscape of the nba can chance so drastically over time and there are soooo many variables. Its not as unrealistic as people claim. coaches moving to teams that have great young superstar tallent is pretty common. Phill jackson x3, mike brown,doc rivers(remeber how he got to L.a bet boston fans a year before said hed never leave us) Larry brown,george karl. Ithink our mental model of a coach is based on pop in this age,and we fail to realize how truly rare it is to have a guy like that, in that situation, with those types of players.
Again, I think you miss what my post is actually alluding to. The entire scenario is scripted when it doesn't need to be(this doesn't even begin to touch on how your career begins and then you have this happening for you within months of getting 10 day contracts). That's the crux of the issue. For example, this is the exact wording in the first post:

" During your second year, Doc Rivers will take over as the head coach of your team. Players will have a more intense relationship with Rivers than with the coaches from last year, as he has expectations for how he wants you to perform and what you should be focusing on in a particular game situation. These include tutorial-like pre-game meetings with assistant coaches where they go over points of emphasis."

Now read this:

"Players will have a more intense relationship with the head coach now than with the coaches from last year, as he has expectations for how he wants you to perform and what you should be focusing on in a particular game situation. These include tutorial-like pre-game meetings with assistant coaches where they go over points of emphasis."

See the difference? It's essentially the same thing without forcing it upon you. Does him recording lines really need to alter the experience as a whole? Couldn't they have just focused on us having to play more to our coaches liking without having to force a specific person on us no matter where we are?

I know you are probably thinking it isn't a big deal, and I'm not one of those guys that cries over everything and I will enjoy this game. But, for arguments sake, would you like it if Kevin Durant was the only "mentor" recorded and he got traded to wherever you were in your second season?
Old 09-25-2014, 11:11 PM   #138
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
for arguments sake, would you like it if Kevin Durant was the only "mentor" recorded and he got traded to wherever you were in your second season?
And with that, the NBA 2K16 MyCareer storyline was born.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #139
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Actually....never mind

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-25-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #140
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

I having not seen 1 post where a person like the linear forcefed storyline. I dont like them either. I hope in the future the stories will be more skyrim like and less say legend of zelda? Using the rpg analagy rather poorly ik but i was struggling to think of a popular prg that has a force fed linear story line. Im chosing to focus on the new posibilitys they are intruducing like coach inter action game planning mentoring, we having seen any vids of riviver in the game yet dont know how involved it is. Would be understandable why they only got to 1 coach if its pretty involved in its 1st year of implementing. Also i think we would have been more receptive about the coach following you to the team if he was fictional or maybe even a colledge coach. Maybe a player coach linked story line where you coach get young star and they spend thier careers to gether...Or you hate him try and dwite him, or just as for trade bam new rival ect ect ect.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #141
Rookie

Quote:
--To keep players from maxing out all their skills with 99 ratings, the developers are changing how you upgrade your player. Instead of micromanaging how points fall into individual attributes, you drop them into buckets based on specialties like perimeter shooting, dunking, defense, and passing. You can upgrade multiple buckets, but you have a limited amount of total upgrades. This creates more realistic progressions and guarantees that players max out in the low 90s overall instead of at 99.
Not sure how this works exactly yet... so I might change my mind later... but right now, this doesn't sound so good. Of course, I may be missing the context since the site is unreachable for me.

Is there any particular reason why we need to be capped in the low 90s besides realism of course? If KD is a 95, and Lebron has dropped to 96-98 somewhere... why can't me as a 5'10" desk jockey IRL who magically morphed into a NBA 6'10" PF get a 99 rating? I mean I have MAGIC on my side... Scrap the caps for MyCareer IMO. It's a largely offline mode that doesn't affect anybody... if you take your player online then cap it for online.

Last edited by biatch0; 09-25-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 11:32 PM   #142
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Actually....never mind
I shoulda read this dudes post before i posted now i feel like an ***.Easy to forget though gamers can be just as passionate about the game as the devs making it.Ok im done after over doing it two post ago. At least i can claim forum noob status!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:32 PM   #143
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
So I take it the ability to request a trade has been removed from My Career?
Old 09-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #144
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
In MyGM, that scanned player is your MP and is the GM. Why would you want a player that looks like the MyGM?
hahaha idk man i just don't play MyPlayer but i like to create myself in the game,

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »