Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #113
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Nobody is ignoring that man we've already talked about it. At this point the game is on a disc. ... don't let it raise your blood pressure.

Wish list it. .. maybe even for the patch but you're preaching to the choir.

Immersion killer is the new made up buzzword.

You guys are going to complain yourselves out of any enjoyment by release.

at least tell them what they are doing right add well so that doesn't change. All guys do now is day what's wrong or what they don't like over and over.

This is likely the best bball game we've ever had potentially but seems like it doesn't matter nowadays
THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!

This! We spend so much time needling the game for what it doesn't do right and forget to reinforce what is done right. If any of you have kids, it's like if you raised your kids by saying NOTHING to them until it's time to discipline them. And, when it comes to this board, you yell at the child. After a while, that kid either tunes you out or just straight up rebels to spite you.

Btw, 23, Its safe to assume the shot meter is completely tied and synced to the shot animation...
Old 09-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #114
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I think people just point out the little flaws because they do want things to be as great and realistic as possible. I also think it could be people worrying that 2K, since they really have no competition, could 'coast'...kind of like Madden had done for years with no competition. So mentioning every little flaw is a way to keep pushing them, in a way.
For the life of me, I don't see how people get this perception. VC is a completely different company with a totally different work culture. Not to mention being led by a guy that is a truly a huge gamer and the exact opposite of a "suit". VC has always seemed to have been driven so much by gaming and ambition, sometimes, they bite off too much and ship unpolished games in my opinion. Listen to the Leftos podcast and how they work! He stepped in as a passionate kid off the streets, asked what HE had a passion to do, and boom! Done. He was doing it! How does that sound like a culture that would slow down or coast?
Old 09-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 3
Any confirmation that you don't need to use server based saves?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #116
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
For the life of me, I don't see how people get this perception. VC is a completely different company with a totally different work culture. Not to mention being led by a guy that is a truly a huge gamer and the exact opposite of a "suit". VC has always seemed to have been driven so much by gaming and ambition, sometimes, they bite off too much and ship unpolished games in my opinion. Listen to the Leftos podcast and how they work! He stepped in as a passionate kid off the streets, asked what HE had a passion to do, and boom! Done. He was doing it! How does that sound like a culture that would slow down or coast?
I never said that's how they are. I don't think they are for one minute. Just saying some people may worry about that, I don't know.

Relax.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #117
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Is there anything stopping you from creating a player outside of MyCareer, putting them on whatever team you want, and then player locking games in MyGM or whatever the franchise mode is called? If the whole story telling aspect annoys you, then don't play it.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #118
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
I never said that's how they are. I don't think they are for one minute. Just saying some people may worry about that, I don't know.

Relax.
I wasn't saying you. I was following up on the point and you see it all the time. "Without competition/Live, they are going to get lazy". It's the current Live battle cry and it's silly. Not the benefits of comp, but the thought they would definitely slack.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #119
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
I hear ya, and I don't wanna come across as some Debbie Downer or anything. The game looks great, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I played 2K14 way more than any other game last year.

I think people just point out the little flaws because they do want things to be as great and realistic as possible. I also think it could be people worrying that 2K, since they really have no competition, could 'coast'...kind of like Madden had done for years with no competition. So mentioning every little flaw is a way to keep pushing them, in a way.

Either way tho, this game has me pumped beyond belief.
I think the board is losing a bit of perspective.

It's at the point now where random noobs think they can come in and dump on the owner of the site and thus is where I have a problem because OS is not a dumping ground.

If I don't like a mode I don't continually harp on it because it wasn't tailor made for ME. Truthfully being here awhile some of these guys already know how to get a point across to the company. . Not act like you've been hoodwinked because they're trying something new.

I've had issue with the unis and things same as you have and let it be known but man what can I do? Shoot I'm going pc...they'll fix this other than that talk to the guys when I can...start a constructive consice point thread and hope they can do it... I have one in starting again this year matter of factly.

...and you know I despise that we can't talk with the devs. None of this stuff matters if the game play is bad but I see some guys would rather go on major rants about a fluff mode. ..yes because it's definitely not what I see on tv. There are so many great things we do see and I can't even tell if it matters anymore.

Do you really think they're hovering over to read through this? All of this haze gives anyone a headache after awhile...and talking about complacent?

I'd love some true comp. Some real true comp.... but you guys aren't railing on the company that says it only worked on 2 things and still have delay issues. Nope... nobody cares because we're too busy screaming about everything and I mean everything we don't like. ..then say we need competition.

I'm not a fan of some things in this game I'm not a fan of their marketing tactics for sure... it gets on my nerves that I have to guess what's done under the hood by scalping for bootleg videos and thinking over complaints from the last year while the dudes with the info are holding it back in the name of hype and follow me....

Yo I don't even care about ratings overall that much and I find that ridiculous because it's something you want me to pay my money for and no I don't find it fun or exciting.

Anyway I'm just tired of all the whining and I'm not talking about everybody but there is definitely some lost perspective here.

Some of these guys need to go outside and play at the park with some real people.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #120
Rookie

"The Veal"'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Is there anything stopping you from creating a player outside of MyCareer, putting them on whatever team you want, and then player locking games in MyGM or whatever the franchise mode is called? If the whole story telling aspect annoys you, then don't play it.
Yup, someone already suggested that. Just play MyLEAGUE with one team, turn everything on auto so there's an actual 'owner' making the calls and then use a created player, lock him so only you can play him in game, and then give yourself skill boosts based on how much VC you've been getting. It's a little work around if someone wants nothing to do with the story

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »