Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #105
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

I'm not sure how the devs could do something like have a coach as a mentor figure without him following you to whatever team you sign for. This is a damn good feature, but unfortunately they only had the time or chance to get one coach able to do voice over work and as such they had to find a workaround.

I know some of you would prefer to have the Coach speak via text, but for me that's horrible, it breaks my immersion every time. To have one character with a voice over and then the response be via text, it annoys me immensely. So I'd rather have Doc follow me than my coach respond via text all the time.

Also, I'll probably end-up playing 3-4 different instances of MyCareer, so what if i get the same cutscenes? For me the story is the icing on the cake, I still have the freedom to play for whomever I want, in whatever position i please, this story doesn't prevent me from doing that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #106
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Game Informer: 44 Things We Know about NBA 2K15

I'm joining the celtics as a big man, time to bring doc back home even if it's just a video game.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #107
Rookie

LakerPride's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
I'm not sure how the devs could do something like have a coach as a mentor figure without him following you to whatever team you sign for. This is a damn good feature, but unfortunately they only had the time or chance to get one coach able to do voice over work and as such they had to find a workaround.

I know some of you would prefer to have the Coach speak via text, but for me that's horrible, it breaks my immersion every time. To have one character with a voice over and then the response be via text, it annoys me immensely. So I'd rather have Doc follow me than my coach respond via text all the time.

Also, I'll probably end-up playing 3-4 different instances of MyCareer, so what if i get the same cutscenes? For me the story is the icing on the cake, I still have the freedom to play for whomever I want, in whatever position i please, this story doesn't prevent me from doing that.
Agreed, just playing games like NBA 2k10 gets boring after a while, at least give me a story to show me I'm headed somewhere
Old 09-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #108
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

Quote:

Euroleague returns with an expanded roster and playbook of plays tailored
just for Europe. Euroleague is available for play in MyLeague as well.
Does this mean all 30 teams +Euro teams? Players can sign overseas?
Old 09-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #109
Banned

WISports's Arena

Everybody ignoring the fact that you could fit 2 Shaqs up those short's leg openings? Lol...

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but we really need an option where we can edit jersey/shorts bagginess. Can't believe they still have Dwight wearing a baggy jersey.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #110
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Nobody is ignoring that man we've already talked about it. At this point the game is on a disc. ... don't let it raise your blood pressure.

Wish list it. .. maybe even for the patch but you're preaching to the choir.

Immersion killer is the new made up buzzword.

You guys are going to complain yourselves out of any enjoyment by release.

at least tell them what they are doing right add well so that doesn't change. All guys do now is day what's wrong or what they don't like over and over.

This is likely the best bball game we've ever had potentially but seems like it doesn't matter nowadays
Old 09-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #111
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Nobody is ignoring that man we've already talked about it. At this point the game is on a disc. ... don't let it raise your blood pressure.

Wish list it. .. maybe even for the patch but you're preaching to the choir.

Immersion killer is the new made up buzzword.

You guys are going to complain yourselves out of any enjoyment by release.

at least tell them what they are doing right add well so that doesn't change. All guys do now is day what's wrong or what they don't like over and over.

This is likely the best bball game we've ever had potentially but seems like it doesn't matter nowadays
I hear ya, and I don't wanna come across as some Debbie Downer or anything. The game looks great, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I played 2K14 way more than any other game last year.

I think people just point out the little flaws because they do want things to be as great and realistic as possible. I also think it could be people worrying that 2K, since they really have no competition, could 'coast'...kind of like Madden had done for years with no competition. So mentioning every little flaw is a way to keep pushing them, in a way.

Either way tho, this game has me pumped beyond belief.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #112
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

The ability to use current players' features in Create-A-Player is huge. Hopefully you can choose somebody's hair when you do a face scan, I think there are a couple guys in the league with my cut.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »