Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #145
Rookie

Anthony292's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

My career used to be my favorite mode,but these story lines kinda killed it for me now I'm a myleague guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 12:04 AM   #146
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Immersion killer for a game people haven't played yet off of their personal gripes as if it's everyones and it's not. I hate buzz words period. ... this is no acception.
If I may, I do not believe one must own the game to recognize how forced, stunted, and poorly written storylines may negatively affect one's connection with realism. Similarly, I do not believe we must play the game firsthand before we can gather how the return of signature size-up dribbles may positively aide in immersion. It would appear most of those opposed to certain MyCareer details have done so in a respectful manner, often with reasonable explanations for their stance. I do not believe it means anyone is attempting to suggest that there aren't those who are in favor of many of the very alterations for which we object.

As for the word "immersion", I still feel it is being used for a reason. MyPlayer was a mode whose initial cornerstone was, in fact, ultimate immersion. That has clearly changed over the years and many do not support such a change. It seems to be a matter of opinion. If a group's issue with a new aspect of MyCareer is that it makes it feel less like they're really playing in the NBA, again, I'm not sure if there's a better word to use than immersion. Unless, again, we just want to go with "implementation detrimental to the realistic portrayal of a simulation product and subsequent enjoyment derived from a mode largely hinged upon immersion", a phrase for which I am beginning to warm up.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-26-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm guessing we're still gonna have to score damn near 100 a game to even come remotely close to winning in MyCareer because they've said nothing on teammate AI... They dance around the **** every year.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:15 AM   #148
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
If I may, I do not believe one must own the game to recognize how forced, stunted, and poorly written storylines may negatively affect one's connection with realism. Similarly, I do not believe we must play the game firsthand before we can gather how the return of signature size-up dribbles may positively aide in immersion. It would appear most of those opposed to certain MyCareer details have done so in a respectful manner, often with reasonable explanations for their stance. I do not believe it means anyone is attempting to suggest that there aren't those who are in favor of many of the very alterations for which we object.

As for the word "immersion", I still feel it is being used for a reason. MyPlayer was a mode whose initial cornerstone was, in fact, ultimate immersion. That has clearly changed over the years and many do not support such a change. It seems to be a matter of opinion. If a group's issue with a new aspect of MyCareer is that it makes it feel less like they're really playing in the NBA, again, I'm not sure if there's a better word to use than immersion. Unless, again, we just want to go with "implementation detrimental to the realistic portrayal of a simulation product and subsequent enjoyment derived from a mode largely hinged upon immersion", a phrase for which I am beginning to warm up.
..and again as I said thats a personal preference, because NONE of that is an immersion killer for everyone. Its just a buzzword being thrown around this year.

If I want to play as a singular player Ill create a player put him on a team and use player lock during the season in my league.

I mean I understand your frustrations here, but in alot of ways its just not the case for everyone. None of this stuff was thrown around last year now its a HUGE issue and immersion killer NOW....

I don't think we have to agree on this but there are other parts to the game so my career my league my gm the park whatever, find what gives you the most enjoyment and do that....
Old 09-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #149
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
..and again as I said thats a personal preference, because NONE of that is an immersion killer for everyone. Its just a buzzword being thrown around this year.

If I want to play as a singular player Ill create a player put him on a team and use player lock during the season in my league.

I mean I understand your frustrations here, but in alot of ways its just not the case for everyone. None of this stuff was thrown around last year now its a HUGE issue and immersion killer NOW....

I don't think we have to agree on this but there are other parts to the game so my career my league my gm the park whatever, find what gives you the most enjoyment and do that....
I feel we're close to being on the same page here. I was not approaching people's use of the word "immersion" (or any phrases of similar meaning) as a blanket statement suggesting that everyone's immersion must be negatively effected. It seemed quite clear that many people favor a lot of the changes. I was using the word in reference only to what a particular aspect of the game may do for my own immersion. It seemed that's how others were using it as well (referring to themselves and their own immersion, not speaking for others). Knowing this forum as well as I do, I am unsure I would ever feel comfortable trying to speak for everyone, and I mean that as a compliment to the diversity of OperationSports.

Regarding your final paragraph, there most certainly appears to be at least one non-Quick Game mode this year that really seems to appeal to me (MyLeague). I have written much in favor of that mode and if I purchase 2K15, barring something unforeseen not functioning correctly, it seems like I'll be able to really enjoy playing this game.

However, I also have an interest in MyPlayer. I would really like to see something offered that leans back toward the authentic NBA experience. That does not mean everyone must also want such an alteration, nor does it mean I am not entitled to make my case for a re-shift. I find it to be a similar situation to MyGM last season. Many gamers loved it. I, amongst many others, did not enjoy the mode and stated as such (oftentime at length). No one has much of an idea as to how that influenced the development of MyLeague, but sometimes voices matter.

All that said, you likely will not often find me in threads about Online play, Park and MyTeam, for I have little to no interest in those modes (save for MyTeam's penchant for reeling in additional legends into the 2K fold). I speak on MyCareer because I am interested in MyCareer. If I feel there are aspects I do not care for, I tend to try to discuss them in their rightful threads. However, my displeasure for certain aspects of a particular mode should not be mistaken for an inability to find enjoyment in many other realms of a given game.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-26-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:42 AM   #150
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I feel we're close to being on the same page here. I was not approaching people's use of the word "immersion" (or any phrases of similar meaning) as a blanket statement suggesting that everyone's immersion must be negatively effected. It seemed quite clear that many people favor a lot of the changes. I was using the word in reference only to what a particular aspect of the game may do for my own immersion. It seemed that's how others were using it as well (referring to themselves and their own immersion, not speaking for others). Knowing this forum as well as I do, I am unsure I would ever feel comfortable trying to speak for everyone, and I mean that as a compliment to the diversity of OperationSports.

Regarding your final paragraph, there most certainly appears to be at least one non-Quick Game mode this year that really seems to appeal to me (MyLeague). I have written much in favor of that mode and if I purchase 2K15, barring something unforeseen not functioning correctly, it seems like I'll be able to really enjoy playing this game.

However, I also have an interest in MyPlayer. I would really like to see something offered that leans back toward the authentic NBA experience. That does not mean everyone must also want such an alteration, nor does it mean I am not entitled to make my case for a re-shift. I find it to be a similar situation to MyGM last season. Many gamers loved it. I, amongst many others, did not enjoy the mode and stated as such (oftentime at length). No one has much of an idea as to how that influenced the development of MyLeague, but sometimes voices matter.

All that said, you likely will not often find me in threads about Online play, Park and MyTeam, for I have little to no interest in those modes (save for MyTeam's penchant for reeling in additional legends into the 2K fold). I speak on MyCareer because I am interested in MyCareer. If I feel there are aspects I do not care for, I tend to try to discuss them in their rightful threads. However, my displeasure for certain aspects of a particular mode should not be mistaken for an inability to find enjoyment in many other realms of a given game.
We're not far off man... but then again my original statements earlier wasn't for ones like you anyway.

I even got a bit excited when I saw the coaching video which gave me some feeling of now wanting to play because of that type of aspect/direction.

I just don't think its going to benefit this community with the way things were heading with the massive amounts of complaining... constructive stuff is far and in between because of it. I've seen you, Born and a few others offer some ideas that may or may not be something they'd be interested in using or similar but in the middle of all of this I highly doubt the devs are bothering with this thread.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:51 AM   #151
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
Not sure how this works exactly yet... so I might change my mind later... but right now, this doesn't sound so good. Of course, I may be missing the context since the site is unreachable for me.

Is there any particular reason why we need to be capped in the low 90s besides realism of course? If KD is a 95, and Lebron has dropped to 96-98 somewhere... why can't me as a 5'10" desk jockey IRL who magically morphed into a NBA 6'10" PF get a 99 rating? I mean I have MAGIC on my side... Scrap the caps for MyCareer IMO. It's a largely offline mode that doesn't affect anybody... if you take your player online then cap it for online.
The cap is raised through the earning of badges.. If you don't actually play your games and you just buy vc, you won't be able to get to a 99 - it must be earned through actually playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 01:17 AM   #152
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
... None of this stuff was thrown around last year now its a HUGE issue and immersion killer NOW...
Full respect 23 but in this regard, perhaps the reason it is an issue this year and not last year is because this year they "doubled down" on this aspect and by "doubling down" on something they swung too far in one extreme?

"Immersion" to me means believability and the believability is very important to the story-mode direction that 2K is deciding to take this mode. If 2K wants to take this mode that direction, then "immersion" is an essential or key element of the story-line concept.

Another term one can use instead of "immersion" would be the "3rd-wall" and this is a gaming term well worth getting to know. It explains why if this 3rd wall is broken in a game the intended audience has issues with it.

2K is in serious danger of breaking this 3rd wall for a lot of us who fell in love with this mode in 2k10. If we speak about this now, then for future editions (2k16 and beyond) perhaps breaking that 3rd wall could be avoided.

Last edited by Taer; 09-26-2014 at 01:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »