Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2014, 01:18 AM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
The cap is raised through the earning of badges.. If you don't actually play your games and you just buy vc, you won't be able to get to a 99 - it must be earned through actually playing the game.
You sure about that? From what I've read, I got the impression that badges replace sig skills and don't really affect your stats (in the same way sig skills didn't) and the caps are just that, caps for each of your stats as well as overall.

I'm hoping you're right about this and I just misread/misinterpreted all the info that's been released so far.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:21 AM   #154
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
The cap is raised through the earning of badges.. If you don't actually play your games and you just buy vc, you won't be able to get to a 99 - it must be earned through actually playing the game.
So it's still possible though? I'm glad they have made it so you must earn it and not buy it.

I think it would be cool to be a 99 eventually if you're a HoF caliber player with proven ability and stats...the progression seems to be much more realistic though. Nice!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:26 AM   #155
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Full respect 23 but in this regard, perhaps the reason it is an issue this year and not last year is because this year they "doubled down" on this aspect and by "doubling down" on something they swung too far in one extreme?

"Immersion" to me means believability and the believability is very important to the story-mode direction that 2K is deciding to take this mode. If 2K wants to take this mode that direction, then "immersion" is an essential or key element of the story-line concept.

Another term one can use instead of "immersion" would be the "3rd-wall" and this is a gaming term well worth getting to know. It explains why if this 3rd wall is broken in a game the intended audience has issues with it.

2K is in serious danger of breaking this 3rd wall for a lot of us who fell in love with this mode in 2k10. If we speak about this now, then for future editions (2k16 and beyond) perhaps breaking that 3rd wall could be avoided.

Noted.....

I don't think we're all at least some of us are looking in opposite directions.

Too late to go into more detail but yeah they could do more in different ways I agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #156
MVP

lakers24's Arena

It's nice to see civilized, well thought out posts and discussion. I wish this was the case all the time, maybe things wouldn't be so hectic around here. But, ya know lol.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #157
Rookie

Sounds great, but I really hope 2k updated the tattoos.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #158
Rookie

A post of pros:

1) Since NBA 2k10, this has been my favorite game (of any genre) that I have gone to midnight releases for every single year (even when those midnight releases were on my birthday (oct 4th).

2) The two modes I have always played the most is MyCareer and Association, with MyCareer getting the bulk of the time.

3) My favorite thing about VC and their development of the game is that they make attempts to listen to the community. Slowly but surely our feedback has helped them shape this game every year into something more epic.

4) MyLeague!

5) MyCareer sim to any game ability. I'm elated to not have to play Detroit and the Bucks 4 times a season when I make it to the Bulls!

6) I love the decision to let us go undrafted. It's a good compromise to being able to play for your favorite team, if you own your spot. This reminds me of when they had the summer league in and you could essentially try out for teams and the teams you could select were based on how you played.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #159
Banned

OVR: 1
I hope scan face for player creation is there. If you have it would make it some much easier to create players. i am happy there is way more depth this year but I hope the scan face is for all modes
Old 09-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #160
Banned

OVR: 1
I like the MY PLAYER idea of earna spot on a team. I'm sure alot will be mad but I like this idea!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »