Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #121
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Btw, 23, Its safe to assume the shot meter is completely tied and synced to the shot animation...

Yes I know but I was referring to it not being an automatic make every time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wait so can you only scan your face in MyPlayer? or can you scan your face in regular create-a-player?
Old 09-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #123
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Some really good info here. THe rivers thing 1 not a huge deal. 2 not as unrealistic as the board making it out to be. 3 years is along time in the basketball world. Alot can happen look at the league 3 years ago. i think the thing to focous on is the DIRECTION they are going and the potential it has. More dynamic/branching story lines are clearly the most logical progression for this. But we should be aplauding them for the coach interaction and the level of realism this presents.Ive been hoping for this for years and 2k made a major step in the right direction in my opinion .
Old 09-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #124
Just started!

poor.. nothing about classic teams....
Old 09-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #125
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliJ27
Wait so can you only scan your face in MyPlayer? or can you scan your face in regular create-a-player?
I think someone confirmed it to only be on the MP creation menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #126
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
Some really good info here. THe rivers thing 1 not a huge deal. 2 not as unrealistic as the board making it out to be. 3 years is along time in the basketball world. Alot can happen look at the league 3 years ago. i think the thing to focous on is the DIRECTION they are going and the potential it has. More dynamic/branching story lines are clearly the most logical progression for this. But we should be aplauding them for the coach interaction and the level of realism this presents.Ive been hoping for this for years and 2k made a major step in the right direction in my opinion .
I don't think anyone is saying they aren't striving to do amazing things and that we don't appreciate that. We do and it's nice to see. The problem is they are going about it the wrong way (case in point the Doc thing). While you can say it doesn't seem far fetched, it actually is when you really think about it:

1. Doc is coaching the Clipps because of CP3 and Blake Griffin
2. It's LA
3. He comes to coach you in your 2nd season

In any logical world how does that make sense? Especially if you are in Detroit or Sacramento. And since you can choose what team you want to tryout and play for what if I want to make the Spurs, would the Spurs really fire Greg Poppovich for Doc Rivers? It's heavy handed and unnecessary just because Doc recorded some audio(how does this even fit the "story" everyone alludes to). I get they want you to closely follow what the coach wants, but that'd be fine without having to force this upon you.

I know there are players out there that like this and think it's cool, but there is going to be a vocal contingent out there that doesn't because it's not the essence of what they came to love in the mode years ago. Do I want the barebones 2k11 mode? Hell no, do I want the Doc Rivers stalker version either? Nope. There is a middle ground, but for now it seems like they are going for the "cool" and "this is awesome." Improving upon the new with elements of its roots should be the goal and not complete unbelievable fantasy mode.

(btw by going completely linear they are boxing themselves into a corner of extra work each year because now the story has to be different every cycle. Also, there is no reason for more than one playthrough because you've seen the cutscenes)

Again I reiterate I don't hate myplayer/mycareer and it is/was one of my fav modes. I also think them doing this stuff to liven up the mode is great, but they are going about it wrong in some aspects.

Last edited by lakers24; 09-25-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #127
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

I can't hate on that post. Especially the last statement. I want to believe that Rivers is coaching yoU OUTSIDE of the normal season. Like, at some sort of workout/camp sort of thing.

Hopefully....
Old 09-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #128
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
2K is absolutely ruining My Career. My excitement for this game is in serious decline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »