Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #985
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Asik kills me every time. Thats why he comes off the bench when I play against the cpu.

Im seeing more and more but there is still to many animations that cant be interrupted. Just killed OKC(without Westbrook) but atleast 20pip come from animations I cant defend.

Great game though, finally was able to hit a 40% jumper throughout the game with Aldridge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #986
Rookie

OVR: 5

I haven't seen the baseline spin in about 3 games now. For me, I've found that positioning on defense is more important than anything else. I rarely even double the post now, I play 100% on ball D, keep my back to the baseline and my inside arm between the ball handler and the rim and I have little if any trouble guarding the post. It also allows me to play much closer to ball handler now and that allows me to actually see some physicality in the game. I can usually cut off drives to the basket but I regularly get torched by the P-N-R, LOL!

That actually leads me to a question for you guys with inside knowledge of the DEV process. Why don't the DEVS from either game provide in depth manuals? It would seem that it would be far cheaper, and easier, to provide manuals, whether on disc or hard copy, than trying to come back and make patches and blogs and whatever else, when a lot of the time the user just doesn't understand how to play the game the way the DEV intended.

I've been quiet on the impression side because since the last patch I have been less happy with the game. I've moved up to All-Star and am about to go up again I guess, but above pro the cheese definitely starts to show up. One thing that increased exponentially (for me) was the PIP cheese, so I figured I'd take a couple of days and just experiment to see if the DEVS really intended to design a game with no physicality or was I doing something wrong. Just when I was about to give up on Live I tried shifting more to the baseline as described above and I noticed that no matter the driving angle of the ball handler (obviously I mean when he's going towards the basket) I could cut off the drive by being back to the baseline, or when in the corners having my back 30-45 degrees to it at most. If my way is the way the DEVS intended why not explain that in a manual instead of leaving a bunch frustrated users who think it's impossible to create contact?

At any rate this is probably not the proper thread for all that but it's just something that irks me about both games. As far impressions, I've found the shot releases more difficult post patch than pre-patch. Still fairly simple but less simple now. My free throw attempts are still not where I want them considering I have all foul sliders except reach-in at 100% and reach-in at 75%. The game is still enjoyable but for me it's a little less enjoyable. That may have nothing to do with the patch though, it could all be coming from my initial frustration with the lack of physicality. I'm only 3 games in since I found this technique so I may change my mind and go back to really liking the game after more game play. I plan to spend a good bit of tomorrow playing the game, so we'll see.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #987
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Man you might as well forget about contesting D. Jordan down low

Old 01-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #988
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I dread facing CPU Asik. He's good for 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks every time I go against him. Most of those points will come off putbacks and gather move abuse.

I looked at his ratings, and he has 93 rebounding, which is 4th-best in the entire game. He also has 89 block, which is just outside the top 10.

But his offensive game is rated poorly, aside from 86 dunk. That's all the CPU needs to score with him, though, as they will do the baseline spin dunk or hop step dunk repeatedly.

I've tried manually double teaming. I have tried letting the CPU do the double-team, and I spam the double-team button and it just doesn't seem to work. the points in the paint is still incredibly high which is to me why am losing most these games. Seems like the AI just does not miss from inside the paint. I am going to keep at it to find someway to get a W.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #989
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Really liking how every team plays differently in this game. Playing the Cavs you must throw everything at stopping Irving and his dribble drive. Another team though may feed the post and so on.

You have to figure out early how to defend each CPU offense or you'll get torched. Enjoying the strategy involved in each game I play.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #990
Rookie

OVR: 0

WTF: to know how can I fix the bug of the play art that do not appear on the floor?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #991
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Not as of yet louie dogs. Hopefully they're working on it. There's no fix as of yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #992
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
WTF: to know how can I fix the bug of the play art that do not appear on the floor?
There is no fix. Try to learn your favorite plays. Teams still follow the play route just the play art disappears. Nothing we can do until they fix it.

Only fix is to keep your starters in all game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »