Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #1017
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

So the anticipation of getting this game actually has me watching a 76'ers game. Again, I'm a sports fan in general, and a 4-4 philly guy so, I know what's going on in the game of basketball. Just not a huge fan, nor do I generally actually sit and watch a basketball game. Though I have, and I've been to a handful.

HOWEVER, I've plenty to learn about defense, play calling, time-outs, subs, and just general strategy outside of scoring and trying to stop my opponent from scoring.

Is subbing something done automatically or do you need to manually sub in and out? And timeouts are basically used to stop runs/call plays when you need?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gerg04; 01-01-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #1018
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
I've been playing the last couple of days and I'm really getting into the game.

But I cant for the life of me stop the CPU from getting to the cup! What am I doing wrong?..

Try some defensive adjustments under Coaching Options...

As said in the defense thread, fronting the post works pretty well....doubling works as well..

At the end of the day though, if the CPU wants to score inside, it's going to...really sucks how the CPU will run the shot clock to about 20 seconds, dump it down low to a big and just score on you at points...

Hopefully it's something they look at in a patch..
Old 01-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #1019
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Guys, i have one question about the roster ratings. What's those numbers in yellow, like Melo overall rating for an example. It's a yellow 90. Is that numbers that have changed after an roster update?
The numbers in yellow are ratings above 90 so you can quickly scout players and find out what they're good at.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #1020
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

finally experienced the cpu holding the ball in a close game glitch smh
Old 01-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #1021
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Beat the Suns in OT 71-66

I swear All Star plays so much better than Pro...can't really explain it...the stats aren't as nice, but for me it's the better experience..

PIP :-(

Dirk played more like Howard than Dirk...had a good game though..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #1022
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1986
I finally played NBA live today and the demo and the retail copy is night and day, which is a good thing, it feels and plays very good

I do have a couple issues though PIP is ridiculously high, this might be a personal issue but I'm struggling with mid range shots and 3 pointers what am I doing wrong in that respect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
I've been playing the last couple of days and I'm really getting into the game.

But I cant for the life of me stop the CPU from getting to the cup! What am I doing wrong?..

Try to deny the pass in the post first of all. When the CPU is trying to feed the post, play the passer's outside hand and sag-off a bit, press steal, put your hands up or jump when he attempts to pass the ball into the post. Your CPU controlled defender will play the inside of the passing lane and with you playing the outside it would be difficult to get the ball into the post, this alone will cut PIP down a lot.

If and when the ball gets down low, always try to stay on the baseline side of the ball handler with your back to the baseline or no more than about 45 degrees to it. Contest the shots with hands up works best for me but occasionally I'll jump for the block, but missing it usually puts me in bad position for rebounds and/or 2nd chance defense. Defend drives to the basket with the same positioning, baseline side with back to the baseline not the basket, you'll notice it's much easier to cause the collision animation when done correctly.

As a general strategy I use the double team settings to set up help defense, more so than true double teams. I keep general coach settings to double the perimeter on the drive and the post on the dribble. I keep on ball defense to low or normal depending on the team and off-ball to low. Position defense in the post to top side or front works best for me. From here I use the pressure settings to determine how fast help comes. Against Howard and Asik I may set on-ball to normal or even tight, I've noticed the higher I set the pressure the faster the help comes so against someone dominant in the post I increase on ball pressure and if necessary I set it to double on the catch in the post, but this is only when I'm having trouble stopping him with everything else.

I've been testing all day and I'm liking the results from the defense described above as opposed to playing straight up as I described in my last post. When playing straight up the CPU will occasionally knock my defender to the floor leaving me helpless. Be ready to get back out to the shooters though because the bigs won't hesitate to kick it out. Usually I can get there fast enough to make a decent challenge on the shot keeping in mind to stay on baseline side of shooter and have been successful in keeping opposing FG% in the low 40's so far with PIP% in the 35-40% of scoring range.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #1023
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey 24th and WTF
Thanks for the tips on passing. It has really helped. I've played the game a lot today and my opinion is starting to change.
Thanks again.
PS4: Nothing currently

Last edited by mrclutch; 01-02-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:00 AM   #1024
Pro

OVR: 8

Man I am loving this game. I don't think you can underestimate how the crowd atmosphere adds to it. I was the Warriors playing at Indiana and was down by 6-10 points the entire game then went on a 13-2 run in the last 3 minutes with Steph Curry scoring 14 in the 4th to win the game. It was a fantastic feeling to hush the crowd over and over with Curry hitting midrange off the high pick and roll. Then the defender guarding the screener started jumping out on Curry which left Lee and Bogut open on the roll. Felt very satisfying to "outsmart" the CPU's defensive adjustments...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »