Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #1385
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Played a game the other day in rising star. CPU called 3 time outs in the 4th quarter.

Haven't seen it in regular tip off matches yet though.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #1386
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
WTF,
Some of the stats for your game look spot on... some not so much.
FG% looked great! Number of foul shots is much improved. Rebounds, turnovers, assist, steals all looked great.

PIP are still wacked with this game. If this were the exception rather than the rule it wouldn't be an issue, but 75-80% PIP won't cut it - I know that a lot of this is on drives, but the game should be wired that if they see any kind of resistance they kick out.

I also noticed where the Rockets (with the number 1 three point attempts in the league) only took 4 three pointers. You would think Synergy would reflect this, particularly with the CPU controlled team.

For the most part the stats look good, but those two jumped out at me.
The 3's and PiP were off somewhat by the box score, but I had my defense set to Tight off ball and Tight on Ball, which helps explain the 3's being low. My strategy was to play the post 1 on 1, and to keep every shot contested. I bit on a lot of pump fakes, and I left a lot of driving lanes open.

They ended up shooting a TON of mid range shots, but they just were not falling period.

The PiP was an issue, Lin lit me up for several layups, and he posted Knight as well. I agree, the PiP were rough, but overall it as a great experience. They tried to post Asik on Terrence Jones, due to the size and physicality, but when it figured out Noel was lurking off ball, they stopped that strategy, pulled Asik to the FT line, and ran Lin off ball to get positioning. Howard had a rough game all around, Harden was Harden, driving and throwing his head back getting the foul call

I can look past some of the stuff, if it makes sense within the context of the game, and in this case, it did. I think this was the highest PiP that I've had yet, but part of that was my own doing, overshowing on every screen, defending and playing the lanes too tight, etc.

My scrubs ended up winning though, so I'll take it
Old 01-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #1387
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Played a game the other day in rising star. CPU called 3 time outs in the 4th quarter.

Haven't seen it in regular tip off matches yet though.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

I have, if it's a close game down the stretch...

Funny thing is, they'll call a timeout, come out of the huddle and dribble the clock out
Old 01-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #1388
Rookie

OVR: 4

Played a game online for the first time in a couple of days. I really want to say they finally turned the 3s down. Saw players missing a lot of contested 3s.

I had the Warriors and my opponent had the Pacers. I went 3-12 and he went 3-21. And even though I missed some open ones, I felt like I was finally being rewarded for taking clean, smart 3s.

My opponent kept throwing up 3s with PG and Granger and they were hitting every part of the basket except the net. Last week, those would have been going in. Let's hope it wasn't a one game fluke.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #1389
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

After the latest updates i had some nice games with cpu running a lot of plays and playing like their real life counterparts, but the last couple of games were disappointing. On defense it was all about stop the paint chese. A lot of PIP and big mans forcing inside. Last game was against Bobcats and Kemba Walker barely shot the ball. It was Jefferson and Zeller all game long, very depressing.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #1390
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

As some were mentioning before today there need a huge improvement in its physics engine, I don't understand how the developers let PGs or SGs ran over and make huge PFs or Cs fall like Hulk smashed them for example. Despite being a bad game Elite 11 had a few good concepts that I don't get why they were scrapped specially when it was said that part of that game code is in Live 14, real time physics would be at least decent and better than now if it was kept and continued being improved over these four years; plus EASBA, team play and some new features on its Be a Pro mode would've added more replay value to the game. Isn't Live the only AAA game for EA that doesn't have rtp? Is it that difficult to implement on basketball?

Another observation I've made towards Live 14 is that it seems like it lacks explosion from the players; noticed it more while choosing a play where the players seem to jog to their spots, it hurts in the opportunity they can have to get separation from the defender to have an open shot. It feels like there's barely acceleration on this game and quick players aren't that different from the rest.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:56 PM   #1391
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Thing that bothers me the most is when you call for a pick it takes forever for the picker to come over and set the pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #1392
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Thing that bothers me the most is when you call for a pick it takes forever for the picker to come over and set the pick.
And sometimes they never come over. When that happens it seems to be at the end of quarters which is frustrating.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »