Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #585
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
was watching the cavs/blazers the other day and was amazed at how nba live played like what I was watching
This is exactly why I fell in love with Live 14 in the 1st place. It plays just like what the real thing is, same pace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #586
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Anyone else feel this game needs to be reviewed again post patch? It's nothing like it was on day 1.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #587
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I'd honestly say it'd be a losing battle to be reviewed again, just due to the fact that most reviewers would put in a few hours, or 6-8 hours, and then still not be comfortable with the controls. It'd score higher I'm sure, but most are jaded at the poor release of Live.

I can't wait to get the patch and see if I can notice anything. Can anyone check to see if the Kings floor has been updated at Center Court? I doubt it is, but wishful thinking.

This week has been too hectic to do anything gamingwise. I had the CPU vs CPU on the projector while I was preparing some presentations, haha. That's the extent of my gaming this week.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #588
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'd honestly say it'd be a losing battle to be reviewed again, just due to the fact that most reviewers would put in a few hours, or 6-8 hours, and then still not be comfortable with the controls. It'd score higher I'm sure, but most are jaded at the poor release of Live.

I can't wait to get the patch and see if I can notice anything. Can anyone check to see if the Kings floor has been updated at Center Court? I doubt it is, but wishful thinking.

This week has been too hectic to do anything gamingwise. I had the CPU vs CPU on the projector while I was preparing some presentations, haha. That's the extent of my gaming this week.

I'm off today and am firing it up as I type. Got a pic of what I need to look for/compare of the Kings court??

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #589
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Uniform selection is darn tight in this game. More than 2ks offerings...
Old 12-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #590
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Smh, lol

Looking forward to trying this game out with the new patch...just picked this up with my Gamestop points....
Old 12-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #591
Banned

OVR: 0

While at the library last night, I saw they had video games to loan, including Xbox One and Wii U titles. Since I had been seeing so many positive impressions in this thread of late, I decided it was a darn good way to give it a try, since it seems like the demo is no a fair representation.

Well, it was definitely a positive first impression, but I've been struggling to unlearn the 2K controls. The first thing I wrapped my head around was that this was far less, "activate the animation," based control. But I have to admit that I still struggle to know what to do to get my guy to the basket. What is the best way to lean all of the dribble moves?

Also, is there an option to have play art, like in the 2K game. I did not grow up playing basketball (just football and baseball) so I don't have the near the feel for how plays are supposed to develop. I like that I can turn on the play art, set the playcalling to auto, and have the game show me each playcall that comes up. I'm slowly learning what each play is, and how to execute them. Is there a way to do this in Live 14?

I still pretty much suck, but i'm seeing a lot to like here. I like that it feels a lot more nimble and clean. I have a hard time in 2K placing my PG on the designated spot to start a play! Also, something about the camera angle and zoom just brings back great memories of NBA Live 94.

I'm glad I gave this a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #592
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I own live too, haven't posted I'm here at all since I got it, a few questions, where are the sliders and does the game feel so slowwww.. Anyway to set game speed cause I have yet to find game speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »