Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #569
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Straight 100s. Turn them up unless the patch today fixed it.
Oh wow! I didn't know there was one released today

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #570
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The CPU does a lot of standing around on offense. It's tough to get any player movement going without calling plays.

Also, when you have the ball in the post, your teammate on the opposite block will do some really weird stuff. A lot of times, he will run over to you for no reason, then turn around and run straight out of bounds.

The passing animations around the basket are painfully slow. By the time you try to pass to an open man, the throw and catch animations have taken so long that the defense has time to recover and block the shot.
Make sure the auto motion settings are turned on in the settings. After I set it to auto and not manual, I don't have that problem anymore.

@WTF

I don't know what tweaks or small tweaks were made, but I'm really enjoying this game now. It's deeper than an average casual player would notice especially if they limit themselve to the demo. The game plays more smoothly now, the AI sometimes does a lot of smart things, and I really have to work to score and it's starting to feel like NBA basketball to me. It's a good 2nd option to me for 2K. I don't know what EA is doing, but something has changed from launch. (I never wanted to play again, but now I'm glad I own the game). The play calling, took me about 6 games to figure out how to do that, how to make on the fly subs, took me about 8 games to do that, there are lots of things that I just didn't know you could do in game and it really adds to the enjoyment. Again, this game was like a 3 starting out, now it's more like a 6.5 or even a 7.0 at times. Needs some some work still, but looking forward to the next big gameplay patch.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #571
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

Just picked this up from target for 40 bucks. Needed a break from 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #572
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW3
Just picked this up from target for 40 bucks. Needed a break from 2k
@DW3 make sure you turn on the "auto motion", that's huge. Check out the "how to play" look at everything you can do. This game is pretty darn deep when you utilize everything. Be patient with it. I think you'll like it. I took me awhile to appreciate everything.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #573
Rookie

Same here the game actually has a lot going for it but the live team did a terrible job in letting people know how to get the most out of the game,also it would be great to see them slow down the speed of the signature dribbling in the patch it looks great but is waaay to fast and hence looks jerky.
Some really nice layup animations are in there but again these could be built on further as well.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #574
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
@DW3 make sure you turn on the "auto motion", that's huge. Check out the "how to play" look at everything you can do. This game is pretty darn deep when you utilize everything. Be patient with it. I think you'll like it. I took me awhile to appreciate everything.
what is auto motion and how do you turn it on? thanks for the heads up
Old 12-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #575
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Can't wait for Live 15. They can add a few more animations but truthfully I don't like too many of those. The game need to be more smooth as well.

Also, what is this long update for the game? I'm on 1 of 3 and its taking a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #576
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW3
what is auto motion and how do you turn it on? thanks for the heads up
@dw3

It's called auto motion calling. Make sure you change it to AUTO from manual. You change it in Game Settings. Not sure what it means exactly, but for me, it keeps the players always moving depending on what's going on the court. I think it's what causes the problems with players appearing to just stand around. On manual, you have to call plays to get them to move around. On Auto, they do it without you having to call plays. Keeps it more organic and the flow is much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »