Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #97
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Just want to clarify, in case its not obvious, that everything I said is 100% speculation on my part, but having worked in licensing and royalties for two major companies I can't imagine this is very far from the truth. And it certainly explains why despite paying for one of the most powerful brands, ESPN, ea has chosen to include it in NCAA but not in Madden.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #98
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I think they screwed the pooch and missed a huge opportunity here.

They needed to make passing harder with a new more subtle mechanic...not easier.

And they need to add defense. A lot of defense and penalties and ol/dl.

CC's will be fun, but I'll still roll w/the browns or something and go 16 -0. That's what makes the game a "wait for the price drop " title to me.
To take your thought a bit further my thought was that, to use your appropriate phrase, they screwed the pooch by not linking the added passing capabilities to qb ratings. This offered a perfect opportunity to differentiate between qbs and the throws that some can make and others can't. I thought it would have been great to eliminate the ability to put touch on the ball for poorly rated accuracy qbs.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 08-17-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:42 AM   #99
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
My guess is that FOX,CBS,ESPN, NFL Network would all have to be part of it based on their deals with the NFL. The exclusive deal between ea and the NFL is what throws the wrench on the whole thing. If you were an exec at any one of the networks and were giving the NFL a ton of money would you want to see a competitors name plastered all over their exclusive product? If there were no deal with 3a and the NFL then I think they could pull it off because any network not featured on eas game could theoretically be featured on a competitor that still carried the NFL brand.
I don't agree because I don't see how any of that prevents EA from using the actual NFL Network in Madden, an officially NFL licensed video game. I even went back to find some Head Coach 09 footage and to my surprise, they used Adam Schefter and the NFL Network in that NFL game.

This pic is too big to post;

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1947/1207801406.jpg

and this video at around

http://youtu.be/KGRUFTnBEAY
Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #100
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't agree because I don't see how any of that prevents EA from using the actual NFL Network in Madden, an officially NFL licensed video game. I even went back to find some Head Coach 09 footage and to my surprise, they used Adam Schefter and the NFL Network in that NFL game.

This pic is too big to post;

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1947/1207801406.jpg

and this video at around

http://youtu.be/KGRUFTnBEAY
I haven't seen, but is the NFL network used this year or are the draft and tweets generic?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:53 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0

Personally I think the presentation is the best its been. I think the game play is the best its ever been....The fact they completely jacked up my offline franchise mode........Complete pass for me. Thanks for saving me $60 EA Sports....Until next year (maybe).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #102
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiner
Personally I think the presentation is the best its been. I think the game play is the best its ever been....The fact they completely jacked up my offline franchise mode........Complete pass for me. Thanks for saving me $60 EA Sports....Until next year (maybe).
I would say take a look before you write it off. Not saying its going to be mind blowing because I haven't played retail. but if it has the depth of head coach you might be surprised at what you don't miss. would be a shame to walk away if you like the other two so much.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #103
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I haven't seen, but is the NFL network used this year or are the draft and tweets generic?
As far as I know, no but the point is if EA could use the NFL Network like that in one of their NFL video games, I don't see why the couldn't with the other IF they wanted to. I think all this competing network stuff is bs and they just wanted to do it with their own branding instead of the NFL Network. SMMFH
Old 08-17-2012, 03:03 AM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I would say take a look before you write it off. Not saying its going to be mind blowing because I haven't played retail. but if it has the depth of head coach you might be surprised at what you don't miss. would be a shame to walk away if you like the other two so much.
I just know Im not going to like it. Every year since, God I dont know when...Maybe Primetime Football '95? (When did we get to start creating players lol)....Ive created myself and put myself on the 49ers. Nothing stupid special like 99s all around. Usually i just copy the person Im taking the place of ratings and release them (thus this year it was going to be Ahmed Brooks). Now I cant do that. It just seems like one feature that *should* be in any sports game. The ability to give you an "NFL career" without having to be steroided up LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »