Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorton100
Must say I am not impressed by the demo......but I am a Madden fan. Typically, I do not like the NCAA game; however, I think it is great this year.....yup great...OL/DL and all. The demo seems to miss some what I liked in NCAA.....not sure how. But, I am going to buy Madden 13....hell I am a NFL fan. I think those that havent bought the game since 2008 are not NFL fans and their opinions carry little weight. Biggest issue - wide open dropped passes. All-Pro feels like All-Madden Madden 12.
Now that I have played more games....esp against human opponents I realize that this game is really good. Better than NCAA, better than 2K5, 2K8, M12, Backbreaker.....fill in blank as you will. This is the best football game ever made....even with all the flaws that you all have pointed out in this thread.

Playing a new Madden game can be a lot like buying new music. Sometimes I dont like the album until I listen to it a dozen times.....and it is much easier to play a "decent" game that you dont like than listen to music that you dont like......however, I think if you keep playing you will see the beauty of what's there more and more....
Old 08-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #194
Rookie

Now that I have played NCAA and M13 demo. I am thinking that one of the biggest improvements is the QB pocket presence adds......I now can move around in the pocket and avoid the rush better. Also, I can shrug off dive tackles or ill timed rushers with the right stick. This makes the game feel different to me.

Does anyone else agree?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #195
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This demo is a major step backwards for this series. The combination of unrealistic physics, outdated animations, and bland commentary show that EA is resting on its monopoly to NFL licensing. Players run through goalposts, officials, walls, and each other as though they were ghosts. Many of the animations simply appear to have been ported from NCAA. The halftime presentation is an improvement, but does not rescue the game or make it worth its price tag. At a time when 2k can produce a simulation of a game that has virtually non-stop movement, there is no reason EA cannot produce a football game with graphics and animations on par with those of NBA 2k. Unfortunately, until EA experiences a decline in sales, it appears unwilling to invest in the programming needed to produce a quality football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #196
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenownedRyan
This demo is a major step backwards for this series. The combination of unrealistic physics, outdated animations, and bland commentary show that EA is resting on its monopoly to NFL licensing. Players run through goalposts, officials, walls, and each other as though they were ghosts. Many of the animations simply appear to have been ported from NCAA. The halftime presentation is an improvement, but does not rescue the game or make it worth its price tag. At a time when 2k can produce a simulation of a game that has virtually non-stop movement, there is no reason EA cannot produce a football game with graphics and animations on par with those of NBA 2k. Unfortunately, until EA experiences a decline in sales, it appears unwilling to invest in the programming needed to produce a quality football game.
Cool!

I see no reason for you to keep posting in impression threads anymore since you have clearly stated yours quite a few times already. Now it just seems like you have an agenda!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #197
Rookie

Quote:
Unfortunately, until EA experiences a decline in sales, it appears unwilling to invest in the programming needed to produce a quality football game.
Isn't this precisely what is happening? M12 sold, what, 4.6 million. . .the fifth year of decline in sales? As well, didn't EA focus more resources on development this year (i.e., "invest in the programming")?
Old 08-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #198
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Thanks for the insightful insight.

Stopped reading after major step backwards.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #199
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Hey what's everyone doing with the speed variance? I liked the demo much more when I put the game speed on slow, but 0-100 for variance is a large scale. Just curious if anyone has found anything that works well.

thanks guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »