Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #89
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
There is no way an Xbox disc will hold three different network style presentations. And its already been said that none of the networks are willing to allow their competition to have an advantage. If you think that a media exec is going to compromise a competitive advantage so a gamer can have a more authentic experience you are grossly overestimating the importance of a video game brand.
I'm not going to argue with you, but this stuff about disk space is not even close to being accurate. Sorry.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:00 AM   #90
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I'm not going to argue with you, but this stuff about disk space is not even close to being accurate. Sorry.
Mass Effect 3
Old 08-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #91
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
If you think that a media exec is going to compromise a competitive advantage so a gamer can have a more authentic experience you are grossly overestimating the importance of a video game brand.
Exactly.

NFL comes on 3 major networks... FOX, ABC, and CBS. Those three channels compete against each other for ratings and are pretty much the main channels for the top media conglomerates.

Them coming together just for the sake of a football video game would never happen.

And even if it could happen, in terms of video advertisements for Madden, the in-game previews would have to show off the presentation of each network equally so that a network doesn't say that EA is favoring one network over another. It would just be a mess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #92
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Exactly.

NFL comes on 3 major networks... FOX, ABC, and CBS. Those three channels compete against each other for ratings and are pretty much the main channels for the top media conglomerates.

Them coming together just for the sake of a football video game would never happen.

And even if it could happen, in terms of video advertisements for Madden, the in-game previews would have to show off the presentation of each network equally so that a network doesn't say that EA is favoring one network over another. It would just be a mess.
My question is, just putting out there I know you don't work for them, why can't Madden use the NFL Network and possibly ESPN since EA has an exclusive with both?

I know all about that ESPN/NFL Network beef stuff but evidently it's no that big of a deal if ESPN has Monday Night Football and the NFL renewed it.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:07 AM   #93
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Exactly.

NFL comes on 3 major networks... FOX, ABC, and CBS. Those three channels compete against each other for ratings and are pretty much the main channels for the top competing media conglomerates.

It could happen, but it would have to be done from the NFL exerting their pressure on the network and why would the NFL even think about going to the negotiating table for their video game? They want to be hands off. That's part of why they signed the deal in the first place, that and a boatload of guaranteed money. So the NFL is getting paid anyway, why cause friction with the networks over something they could not care less about.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #94
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Post Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
My question is, just putting out there I know you don't work for them, why can't Madden use the NFL Network and possibly ESPN since EA has an exclusive with both?

I know all about that ESPN/NFL Network beef stuff but evidently it's no that big of a deal if ESPN has Monday Night Football and the NFL renewed it.
My guess is that FOX,CBS,ESPN, NFL Network would all have to be part of it based on their deals with the NFL. The exclusive deal between ea and the NFL is what throws the wrench on the whole thing. If you were an exec at any one of the networks and were giving the NFL a ton of money would you want to see a competitors name plastered all over their exclusive product? If there were no deal with 3a and the NFL then I think they could pull it off because any network not featured on eas game could theoretically be featured on a competitor that still carried the NFL brand.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #95
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
It could happen, but it would have to be done from the NFL exerting their pressure on the network and why would the NFL even think about going to the negotiating table for their video game? They want to be hands off. That's part of why they signed the deal in the first place, that and a boatload of guaranteed money. So the NFL is getting paid anyway, why cause friction with the networks over something they could not care less about.
And that's the thing... Why would the NFL put pressure on competing TV networks to do it just for a video game? It would be silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #96
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I think they screwed the pooch and missed a huge opportunity here.

They needed to make passing harder with a new more subtle mechanic...not easier.

And they need to add defense. A lot of defense and penalties and ol/dl.

CC's will be fun, but I'll still roll w/the browns or something and go 16 -0. That's what makes the game a "wait for the price drop " title to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »