Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #81
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
They want authentic presentation, and this is not it.
Unfortunately with the current CBS/ESPN/NFL network media deals they can't pick one to implement and while it would be incredible, I don't think putting all three in there is possible on current gen and I'm not sure will be possible next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 01:44 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Unfortunately with the current CBS/ESPN/NFL network media deals they can't pick one to implement and while it would be incredible, I don't think putting all three in there is possible on current gen and I'm not sure will be possible next gen.
There is PLENTY of power on these consoles to do whatever they want to do. That is NOT the problem. If they really wanted to add presentation elements that blew us away from one or a combination of the networks, there is no doubt in my mind that a deal could be worked out.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #83
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
There is PLENTY of power on these consoles to do whatever they want to do. That is NOT the problem. If they really wanted to add presentation elements that blew us away from one or a combination of the networks, there is no doubt in my mind that a deal could be worked out.
They can't just pick one, that is the problem. They would have to have all three and disc space(especially for xbox) would not be able to carry that much.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #84
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
After reading through this entire thread, I had to respond to this one Russ . As a guy who is mainly concerned with gameplay and the football on the field, I admittedly am not a HUGE presentation guy. That being said, It DOES come into play when they deliver something that I didn't know I cared about. What is baffling to me is how Tiburon continues to invent their own broadcast. It's not that appealing because it's not like anything we would see in real life. The success of 2k's presentation in their sports games comes from them replicating what we see on TV. In the case of 2k5, it was ESPN and NBA 2k is TNT. Everything is done superbly with all of the small details like the overlay graphics done just like their real life counterparts. Tiburon continues to invent the EA sports broadcast, which does not make a lasting impression because it's not what we see and relate to on Sundays. Not to mention, there's no difference between a Sunday Night game, a day game or a Monday night game. This really goes back to what Ryan36 said a while back. A good company gives the consumer what they didn't know they wanted. In this case, you mention that not many people care about presentation. However, I disagree. They don't care about EA Sports' presentation. They want authentic presentation, and this is not it.
I understand where you are coming from but it's obvious that they are copying CBS presentation (or trying to) for Madden 13.

The blue on screen graphics filled with clear red circles... It's pretty obvious they are going for CBS (that and the commentary obviously).

Right now Madden's presentation is at the same level of NBA 2K9 in my opinion. 2K9's presentation wasn't great, and it didn't have a true halftime show but it was solid and you could tell that they were on the right path.

That's exactly how I feel about the presentation in Madden 13 based on the demo. They are on the right track. All they need is better post play replays and a true half time show and it will be great in my opinion.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 08-17-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #85
Banned

Quote:
They can't just pick one, that is the problem. They would have to have all three and disc space(especially for xbox) would not be able to carry that much.
Huh? Disk space has nothing to do with it. Also, they wouldn't need to have all 3 networks in there. ALthough I still contend it could be done, it's not entirely necessary. They could even use the NFL network presentation. At least it would be something authentic to a real life broadcast presentation.

This has nothing to do with disk space. There is plenty of hardware power on these consoles to do amazing things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #86
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I think that stuff is bs at this point and EA is just using that as an excuse to use their own branding, lol. I could of course be wrong but I don't get this alleged beef between the NFL Network and ESPN or any other network as far as Madden is concerned, seeing how they have exclusive license to the NFL AND the NFL has contracts with the major networks.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...eal/index.html

I think that whole thing, that possibly had some validity at some point, is just a repeated urban legend at this point.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #87
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Huh? Disk space has nothing to do with it. Also, they wouldn't need to have all 3 networks in there. ALthough I still contend it could be done, it's not entirely necessary. They could even use the NFL network presentation. At least it would be something authentic to a real life broadcast presentation.

This has nothing to do with disk space. There is plenty of hardware power on these consoles to do amazing things.
There is no way an Xbox disc will hold three different network style presentations. And its already been said that none of the networks are willing to allow their competition to have an advantage. If you think that a media exec is going to compromise a competitive advantage so a gamer can have a more authentic experience you are grossly overestimating the importance of a video game brand.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think that stuff is bs at this point and EA is just using that as an excuse to use their own branding, lol. I could of course be wrong but I don't get this alleged beef between the NFL Network and ESPN or any other network as far as Madden is concerned, seeing how they have exclusive license to the NFL AND the NFL has contracts with the major networks.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...eal/index.html

I think that whole thing, that possibly had some validity at some point, is just a repeated urban legend at this point.
To piggy back on this ^^^

What other network carries Monday Night Football??? Ummmm - only ONE. The NFL offers up their brand to ESPN. Why would they object to this being accurately portrayed in Madden? That makes zero sense. If you play a MOnday night game, you could blow gamers away by having the ESPN style presentation ONLY for Monday Night Games. If they REALLY wanted to push the envelope, how amazing would it be to have Simms and Nantz do the AFC home games and Buck and Aikmen do the NFC home games? The network presentation could be incorporated in their too. These are all things that would set Madden apart, but they take work so we can guarantee that this probably isn't even considered. While the presentation in Madden 13 is OK - it isn't something I would watch more than once. The cut scenes are still dated, and don't add any appeal to the game because they are foreign to me. While the colors may mimic CBS, nothing else really does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »