Home

MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

If the braves "Holes" are their 30 homerun a season 2nd basemen, their .300 hitting all star who can play everywhere, and Chippper, I like their chances.

Seriously how is Prado overrated and a hole with their team? In the past 4 years he has never posted an OPS lower than .800 and never hit lower than .290
Old 03-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinks
I won't argue with you except to say Uggla's UZR stands on its own. Prado is emerging as a sound hitter-- a future number 3 hitter on a real good team he is not. Lowe had two sub 100 ERA+ seasons in a row-- 100 is average. Curious if you have defenses lined up for McLouth and Alex Gonzalez?

Look, the Braves will be good. Solid line-up. Two really good starters in Hudson and Hanson. Maybe Jair Jurrjens if he's healthy will give them a great top 3. My moneys on Mike Minor being a more valuable piece than Lowe as this season goes.
- Lowe has managed to pick up 15 wins since being in Atl... not that brutal to me. I think Heyward is the future #3 hitter of this team and Prado is finally getting credit for how good he is and has been. The guy was never projected to be more than a utility player however, he has put up .300 BA and has been a plus defender. He has also looked good in the outfield so far. I think were the third best team in the NL running neck and neck with Col. Phillies are going to be tough, but we usually give them trouble through the year. Giants are going to be good again, going to be a fun year to watch baseball. I have never really been all that impressed with the Cards. Just Pujols who I think inflates their rating a bit.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Overall Team Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude106
Marlins rated lower than the Mets? Are you kidding me? /facepalm
Absolutely ridiculous, but I'm used to it by now, Marlins EVERY YEAR GET SCREWED
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #100
Banned

jd369's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
If the braves "Holes" are their 30 homerun a season 2nd basemen, their .300 hitting all star who can play everywhere, and Chippper, I like their chances.

Seriously how is Prado overrated and a hole with their team? In the past 4 years he has never posted an OPS lower than .800 and never hit lower than .290
You cant talk logic with someone that thinks that lol. It just shows they know nothing about the game and are a braves h-ater. That would be like me saying shane victorino is a terrible defensive center fielder (which of course he isnt) because I hate the phillies.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourAces2635
I don't want to get into what I think the team ranking should be because it's just going to end up becoming a "my team is better than yours" thread.

That said, the Phillies are better than the Giants top to bottom
I'm pretty sure the whole point of this thread is to argue about why your team should be ranked higher, and that's what makes it so great to read.

Oh how things might be different if Ryan Howard would actually swing the bat with his team's season on the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #102

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Here is the deal people, the rankings are not based on what teams did last year. They are based on the calculation of ratings of each player on every position on each team. So the reason the Giants are not rated higher than the Yankees or Red Sox is because the both teams have high rated players on the offensive side than the Giants and this is just a example.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #103
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
I'm pretty sure the whole point of this thread is to argue about why your team should be ranked higher, and that's what makes it so great to read.

Oh how things might be different if Ryan Howard would actually swing the bat with his team's season on the line.
c'mon don't blame Howard for ending the year for the phillies. it was all Brian "Fear the Beard" Wilson for smoking him with that 99 mph fastball!!

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 03-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #104
Banned

jd369's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
c'mon don't blame Howard for ending the year for the phillies. it was all Brian "Fear the Beard" Wilson for smoking him with that 99 mph fastball!!
ring! hello? uh digital me? whatta you want?

that commercial cracks me up every time!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »