Home

MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Here is the deal people, the rankings are not based on what teams did last year. They are based on the calculation of ratings of each player on every position on each team. So the reason the Giants are not rated higher than the Yankees or Red Sox is because the both teams have high rated players on the offensive side than the Giants and this is just a example.
You're right but at the same time you're naive to think that last year's World Series run did not boost the attributes of some of the Giants players therefore making them ranked higher than most people want them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #106

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
You're right but at the same time you're naive to think that last year's World Series run did not boost the attributes of some of the Giants players therefore making them ranked higher than most people want them.
I understand what you mean but if they did that the past 3 years (which is how player attributes are distributed) you would have a point.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #107
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

i see that a lot of people have been noting the twins low ranking in the game. doesn't anyone realize that over the course of the last .. what.. 4-5 years no one has expected the twins to be anywhere near the top of the division.

well as we have all seen that follow baseball even remotely closely, is that they have been lying in the weeds just lurking around like vipers ready to strike. they are off of everyone's radar and then BAM! they strike come the end of August and the start of September.

over the course of the last several years when i hear the proponents glaze over the AL Central and say who is going to win it before the season begins i always say to myself "just ignore it, we all know the twins will be right there in the end, making that last month stretch run."

so i think that if they were looking at the over all last month ranking the twins would be in the top 8. seeing how they are always in the hunt or in the playoffs every year lately.

im waiting for one person to sim out a season and have it be what everyone is calling for this October, and that is..The Boston Red Sox Vs. the Philadelphia Phillies.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
You cant talk logic with someone that thinks that lol. It just shows they know nothing about the game and are a braves h-ater. That would be like me saying shane victorino is a terrible defensive center fielder (which of course he isnt) because I hate the phillies.
Prado certainly isn't a "hole" on the team. I do think he's overvalued by those saying he's the best hitter on the team or one the better hitters in the league. That's simply not true. He's an above average player for sure.

That said, the Braves have holes. McLouth and Gonzalez are bad. Chipper will be lucky to play 120 games. And with what production? Uggla is, statistically a poor defensive player. Lowe has been putrid for 2 years. Jair regressed through injury last season. There are some questions.

I do think they are likely the third or fourth best team in the NL.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 5

Would someone explain to me why the angels are so low?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #110
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

The team's actual overall ratings and rankings don't reflect where they will finish. If the Twins can win the AL Central while being less talented than the other teams, then that's great on their part and bad on those team's parts. Every year in MLB we always have that "super-team" on paper that disappoints and that surprise team filled with a bunch of "no-names" contend up until the last week.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalbias
Would someone explain to me why the angels are so low?
I'm sorry to say that we are not that good this year. Should we be lower than the A's tho? No. But we still should only be at the highest at like 18. 24 is too low for any team by Mike Socisa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pedroia over Utley??? What is this, bizarro world?

In no way shape nor form is Pedroia a better player than Utley. Granted, Utley's older and more likely to decline before Pedroia, but he's clearly the superior player.

Pedroia

Utley

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »