Home

MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

On the topic of the Giants, what the heck happened to Pablo Sandaval last season? Good God, he was bad. I don't know how you develop a rating for a guy like that. He goes from a true plus hitter and below average defender, to an average hitter and an average defender.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #74
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I have no problem with the Twins being that low. That's what happens every year. Then come time when they actually play the games instead of looking at them on paper, they always find a way to win the Central. IMO the reason for the low rating in The Show is Joe Mauer is the only superstar on the team. Morneau is close to Superstar but since he got hurt last year I'm sure the ratings are a little low for him. The Twins pitching staff lacks a glorified ace. Pavano and Liriano are really good pitchers but are not superstars like Lincecum, Lee, Halladay etc. Then there is a pretty big drop off from those two. Duensing, Baker, Blackburn, and Slowey are all mysteries. You never really know what your going to get. Duensing pitched great last year but it doesn't mean he will be the same this year. Overall 17 is a little low for the Twins but I honestly think their roster on paper doesn't look that great. If there was a rating in The Show for "getting the job done" the Twins would probabaly be somewhere in the top 5 overall.

On a side note I've always wondered who on the Twins roster scares a fan of another team. Of course this excludes Mauer and Morneau. I've just really never thought of anyone on the Twins roster being scary to face except for those two.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 03-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinks
On the topic of the Giants, what the heck happened to Pablo Sandaval last season? Good God, he was bad. I don't know how you develop a rating for a guy like that. He goes from a true plus hitter and below average defender, to an average hitter and an average defender.
He had a divorce and was over weight. All signs point to a good bounce back year, we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm sure the cpu does the team ratings according to each player attributes on the entire team, so it doesn't matter if your team made the playoff last season or blah blah blah.

my only gripe are the angels? why are they so low?

the rangers are sweeping the floor with them in Franchise/season mode.

Last edited by berenjena; 03-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 24

How are the Marlins lower than the Mets? The Mets and Nats will be fighting for 5th place all year long.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #78
Don Mattingly is God

bellz666's Arena

OVR: 13
No way the Rangers rate higher than the Phils....and I HATE the Phils.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #79
Rookie

pittsburgher86's Arena

OVR: 8

26 for my Pittsburgh Pirates!! Thats exciting! lol. So, yes, this list looks good for the most part. The Tigers may be too high though. Now all I need is to see the top ten at each position and I will be happy. Tuesday can't get here fast enough.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors
College Sports: Pittsburgh Panthers, Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 03-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
I sure the cpu does the team ratings according to each player attributes on the entire team, so it doesn't matter if your team made the playoff last season or blah blah blah.

my only gripe are the angels? why are they so low?

the rangers are sweeping the floor with them in Franchise/season mode.
I totally agree. Can someone please tell me how the Orioles, Cubs, Padres, Mets, Marlins & Nationals are better than them?

I understand the twins, A's and everyone higher being able to argue for being above the angels but COMMON!! really?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »