Home

MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

Gotta love Philly fans, nothing like them.

Glad to see my Giants ranked number 3. Beat Braves, Phillies, and Rangers not in 1 game but in a full series. This is not football were u can get lucky on any even game. In baseball the best team must clearly win.

No doubt the surprise rating is the twins, they should atleast be below 15. On the other hand, Dodger above Reds?!?!? Really? Maybe I am just bias.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #178
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr49erfan
Gotta love Philly fans, nothing like them.

Glad to see my Giants ranked number 3. Beat Braves, Phillies, and Rangers not in 1 game but in a full series. This is not football were u can get lucky on any even game. In baseball the best team must clearly win.

No doubt the surprise rating is the twins, they should atleast be below 15. On the other hand, Dodger above Reds?!?!? Really? Maybe I am just bias.
Uh, I think you got that mixed up. Baseball is a game where being hot counts. The best record from season to season barely beats .600, Football you have multiple teams with records better than .600.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #179
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

So it only takes a 7 game series to determine if a team is better than the other one or not? LOL!

Old 03-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #180
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNes12
So it only takes a 7 game series to determine if a team is better than the other one or not? LOL!
sure if the team becomes world champ!

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 03-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #181
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Uh, I think you got that mixed up. Baseball is a game where being hot counts. The best record from season to season barely beats .600, Football you have multiple teams with records better than .600.
Sorry I can clarify that for you, the best team clearly wins a series. Being hot does count. Giants had timely hitting and proved that Great pitching beats Great hitting.

Last edited by kr49erfan; 03-02-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #182
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr49erfan
Sorry I can clarify that for you, the best team clearly wins a series. Being hot does count. Giants had timely hitting and proved that Great pitching beats Great hitting.
Really? So when the Pirates win a series against a playoff team in the regular season that makes them a better team?

The hottest team in the playoffs usually wins it all, it does not make them the 'best' team. Baseball is a game of slumps and hot streaks, its why they have 162 games in the regular season, and its also why the playoffs are considered a crapshoot, a 7 game series isn't enough to establish a best team (small sample size), but someone has to win. So I respect the giants for winning it all, but best team they are not.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #183
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Really? So when the Pirates win a series against a playoff team in the regular season that makes them a better team?

The hottest team in the playoffs usually wins it all, it does not make them the 'best' team. Baseball is a game of slumps and hot streaks, its why they have 162 games in the regular season, and its also why the playoffs are considered a crapshoot, a 7 game series isn't enough to establish a best team (small sample size), but someone has to win. So I respect the giants for winning it all, but best team they are not.
Valid point, a crapshoot may be pushing it. In 2010 overall we faired well against the Phillys, going 7-5. I also agree they are not the best team, personally I think Red Sox are. A do believe we belong at three at this point in the beginning of the season.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #184
Rookie

OVR: 7
The Angels at 24. LOLOL One of the best young pitching staffs and great young arms in the bullpen. Morales is back at 1B. One of the best defensive outfields now. Lots of speed. Angels should be no lower than 10 and with any luck with injuries this year, top 4 in the AL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »