Home

MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #161
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearz
JD, you seem like a bitter Braves fan. What happened last year when the Braves came into Philly with a chance to close the gap and try to take back first place? And in the first game of the series, what happened against Cole Hamels? How 'bout 1 run on 6 hits in 8 innings. And Hamels won his 5th straight start, all while allowing 1 run or fewer and going at least 6 innings in those 5 starts. That doesn't sound slightly above average to me.
The braves choked that's what happened lol. There is nothing for me to be bitter about, we still made the playoffs, still had a great season. I wont even blame injuries, which is what the phils fans to do justify them not having a 15 game lead in the division at the end of the season. The braves were already playing for the wild card at that point, there is no other way to justify throwing 2 rookies against hamels and halladay in that series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #162
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

And for the record, I'm not a Braves ***** by any means. I have them ranked #4 overall, right behind the Phillies

Last edited by Dog; 03-02-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: bleeped word rhymes with tater
Old 03-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #163
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

I can cherry pick stats to make the person I like better as well, it dont mean a thing.

Hudson beats Hamels in HR/9, AVG, BABIP, LOB %, and ERA. I should really compare Hanson to Hamels, but I dont have time right now. Hudson is better than Hamels hands down. You have to look at ALL stats to prove what you have to say not just the ones your player is better in.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #164
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I can cherry pick stats to make the person I like better as well, it dont mean a thing.

Hudson beats Hamels in HR/9, AVG, BABIP, LOB %, and ERA. I should really compare Hanson to Hamels, but I dont have time right now. Hudson is better than Hamels hands down. You have to look at ALL stats to prove what you have to say not just the ones your player is better in.
Okay

ERA: Push

K/9: Hamels

BB/9: Hamels

K/BB: Hamels

HR/9: Hudson

AVG: Hamels

WHIP: Hamels

LOB%: Hudson

Looks like it is advantage: Hamels to me for these graphs

Last edited by Dog; 03-02-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #165
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369

You listed BABIP and you're moaning about cherrypicking. BABIP isn't a stat to determine a pitcher's ability, its more akin to how well the Defense works behind them and the luck of the bounce. Its also not a hugely important stat to compare players by.

Anyways seeing as you think Hudson is better lets really comnpare them.

ERA: Cole - 3.03 Tim - 2.83
SO: Cole - 209 Tim - 139
Hits: Cole - 185 Tim - 189
BB: Cole - 61 Tim - 74
IP: Cole - 208.2 Tim - 228.2
ERA+: Cole - 132 Tim - 138
WHIP: Cole - 1.179 Tim - 1.150
H/9: Cole - 8.0 Tim - 7.4
HR/9: Cole - 1.1 Tim - 0.8
BB/9: Cole - 2.6 Tim - 2.9
K:BB: Cole - 3.46 Tim - 1.88
WAR: Cole - 4.7 Tim - 5.4

Tim wins for totals. So he edges it, but with Cole's age and the inconsistency of Hudson for the last few years. I'd say Cole would be the better pitcher for 2011 and beyond. After all both had letdowns in 09 but Cole was by far the superior pitcher and has been for every year in the majors bar last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #166
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

As much as I hate the Phillies, and Hamel's stupid, douchey, I'm stuck in the 90's hair cut, the guy is probably a better pitcher than Hudson. Especially at this point in Huddy's career.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #167
Pro

OVR: 12

Really, Hamels an ace? Maybe in 2008, but he has been inconsistent at best since then. Oswalt was an ace, but he isn't quite the same pitcher he was a few years ago.

I think age is catching up to the Phillies quickly. We should just start calling them the "Over the Hill Gang"!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #168
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
As much as I hate the Phillies, and Hamel's stupid, douchey, I'm stuck in the 90's hair cut, the guy is probably a better pitcher than Hudson. Especially at this point in Huddy's career.
Don't forget he sounds like a 12 year old girl

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »