Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:41 AM   #817
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
When i was doing faces I noticed Aroydis Vizcaino was still on the Yankees. Wasn't he sent to the Braves in the Javier Vasquez deal?
Yup
Old 04-18-2010, 12:46 AM   #818
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
When i was doing faces I noticed Aroydis Vizcaino was still on the Yankees. Wasn't he sent to the Braves in the Javier Vasquez deal?
I think he was accidentally put on both teams, ask Knight
Old 04-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #819
Rookie

OVR: 5

Is there any way to get the "real" SCEA Jim Edmonds in to the OSFM? The created one has 0 MLB service time so he is considered a rookie.

I thought if you use to dl the online current roster then load another saved roster it would put players like that on the FA list, but I can't get that to work.

Is there another way without redoing a whole new OSFM from scratch?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #820
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

I replaced Vizcaino with Sean Black a 6'3 185 RHP out of Seton Hall. He was drafted in 2009. Black pitched in the 89-93 range most of the spring, sitting around 90-91, but he touched 94-95 in the early innings of several starts down the stretch. Now and then he'll show an average or slightly better curveball, but he has not been able to repeat the pitch. He also flashes an average changeup, but he struggles to throw it consistently with the same arm speed as his fastball.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #821
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

On dupe players....I will pick those up as I go through the roster player by player.
Also, now that the minor league rosters are set(something that wasn't the case when we created all of these teams and players)....I can also make changes to the levels as necessary. AA will not be perfect as that's where some of the lower level prospects must reside.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #822
Banned

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
On dupe players....I will pick those up as I go through the roster player by player.
Also, now that the minor league rosters are set(something that wasn't the case when we created all of these teams and players)....I can also make changes to the levels as necessary. AA will not be perfect as that's where some of the lower level prospects must reside.

M.K.
Knight165
So, this means that you're done tweaking the minor league players for callups? Cool!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #823
Rookie

clownbaby's Arena

OVR: 4

Mid-way into my RTTS (using OS V.1), my game locked up and won't continue past the July 4 (first season). Is there any chance that was due to Roster issues, or was that just a coincidental glitch?

I played 4 years with SCEA rosters with no lockups, but I could've just gotten lucky.

Didn't know if it had anything to do with minor league rosters...
Old 04-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #824
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
I'd also like to add that many of the people complaining about minor league power always want to see a youth movement way to fast (calling up someone in year 1 or 2) then get frustrated when they hit 12 HR in 500 AB's.

Many 1st round draft picks are in the minor leagues for 3,4,5 years before they see a full season of plate appearances. (always exceptions of course).

I too can absolutely rake, (with contact at 1, timing 4, solid hits 2, power 6), and think manipulating power ratings is absurd. In my opinion, that is what sliders are for. There is a certain balance to the game with the ratings out of the box, of course individual fans (homers) don't agree with many ratings for players on their favorite team (more so if they suck at the game and end a season with 10 Kyle Blanks HR's)

Also, what happens to the draft picks generated by the game? Now they'll pale in comparison to the steroid induced monsters created by some of the rating manipulators.

Come on, this was Knight's project. It wouldn't exist without him. If some feel so strongly about lack of power, then edit yourself AFTER a version is distributed amongst the masses. We shouldn't be handicapped by a few (power hungry?!) people who feel their minor leaguers should be hitting more home runs.
Its not about being power hungry. Its about communication and finding out what does what and how it affects the game. If sliders that you mentioned are the answer, then maybe this is truly what it is because most of us have been talking about tweaking players not sliders so thank you in advance for your suggestion. I completely understand about your point of players taking 3,4, and 5 years to get called up, another good point.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »