Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #809
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
But I hit 17 with Duncan in the MAJORS on legend hitting. And it was only half a year. What I'm trying to say is, test the players out in game before you say they need a power boost. Also, look at slugging PCT. instead of just HR's.
Was he an every day player when you hit those HRs? If so, that's not unrealistic at all. Duncan has a lot of power. He's more than likely not going to hit above .215-.225, but he could easily hit 32-38 HRs in 500 ABs.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #810
Rookie

OVR: 0
guys please forgive me, but I am trying to show my kid how to use the game and get the rosters properly done, but I am a complete novice and cant seem to figure out how to download it to the actual system from my computer. Please help, thanks in advance
Old 04-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #811
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluva42
guys please forgive me, but I am trying to show my kid how to use the game and get the rosters properly done, but I am a complete novice and cant seem to figure out how to download it to the actual system from my computer. Please help, thanks in advance
download the file to your computer, then transfer it to a memory stick or portable hard drive or something to that effect and then connect that to your ps3.

once on the ps3 find the file and transfer it to your ps3 and boot up the game.

you could also go online in the game to the roster vault and fin the file and download it just like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #812
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluva42
Use WinRAR to unpack the file. You will get a folder that is titled "PS3". All you have to do is copy or move that "PS3" folder to your USB drive. After that, go to the "saved data utility" section on the main PS3 screen and make sure that you hit the triangle button to display the roster file and then copy it to your PS3.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #813
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
Was he an every day player when you hit those HRs? If so, that's not unrealistic at all. Duncan has a lot of power. He's more than likely not going to hit above .215-.225, but he could easily hit 32-38 HRs in 500 ABs.
It was in about 250 ABs. But the point was that people were complaining that minor leauger power was too low, and even though his power was 30, he still had decent power.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #814
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Another Indians minor league note. I think you guys created Anderson Hernandez for the Columbus Clippers, but left the real Anderson Hernandez on the Binghampton Mets, so there is 2 of the same player (one CAP, one real) in these rosters
Old 04-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #815
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
But I hit 17 with Duncan in the MAJORS on legend hitting. And it was only half a year. What I'm trying to say is, test the players out in game before you say they need a power boost. Also, look at slugging PCT. instead of just HR's.
You can state what you like. I have 10 homers with Rickie Weeks in the first 23 games- i am not going to state the MLB rosters are broken over that sample. Just like you shouldn't over my opinion in half a season of a sample size of 1. You provided no context- maybe you have 300 homers with your team for all i know.

Also, thats great that you hit 17 with Duncan in the pros but that doesn't prove my point is incorrect. Duncan has MLB power so should have power numbers of at least an average MLB player. Now his contact, etc should be very low but he should have legit power. How anyone with a straight face can tell me the guys who actually lead the AAA in homers should be less than a backup SS is beyond me.

And sorry, i don't believe your information. One i doubt you played 81 games since the roster came out. And if you did, i doubt anyone would play 81 games with a 32-46-30-30 1B much less at the pros. Even on Cleveland- you have at 23 batters better than Duncan.

BTW- i just simmed a season- Duncan hit 4 homers. The high with these rosters is 32 on the AAA. All the guys who are hitting near 15+ are the better prospects and some SCEA guys with MLB power (Jacobs had the 32). Most teams leader had around 12 which is ok, but these guys who hit alot last year were well below.

Here are the homers totals of the guys i listed earlier in the full season sim i just did at default sliders.

Duncan - 4, Huber-4, M Jones- 6, A Tracy- 7, La Hair- 8, Katin- 5, Koshansky- 9, Barker- 1, Richard- 0, Thorman- 8, B Nelson- 3, Bankston- 7, S Bynum- 9. Anyone i didn't list had either zero or i must have missed them.

Just sim a season. It makes sense that guys with lower 30s power will hit like the numbers i posted. Where a guy who lead the AAA in homers like Jacobs has 61-47-74-55. Again i am not stating everyone should be raised. I am stating guys like the ones i mentioned should be raised. These are all older power guys with crap potential, it hurts nothing to raise these to mid 50s to 65. for the upper end guys. When i simmed with changes to these guys they hit about 10-15 homers more than the list above, so high teens to lower 20s. None of them made the MLB roster.

I don't blame Knight or anyone for this. My intention is not to blame anyone, it is to point out an area i think is often forgotten. Everyone wants the prospects good. Well these types are more likely to get the callup this year. That is my intention- to get the older farm guys simming to a more realistic level.

I have been changing them on my copy of the strut file, so really doesn't matter to me if you use them or not. I thought it might be useful information for knight or whoever. I greatly appreciate his and the others work and try to add something back when i can.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 04-18-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #816
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

When i was doing faces I noticed Aroydis Vizcaino was still on the Yankees. Wasn't he sent to the Braves in the Javier Vasquez deal?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »