Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #705
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Mike or Ridin got a question for you guys. With all the players that are in A-Ball, that means that we cant actually use them right because we can only play AA and AAA games?

Is anyone working on getting the AA and AAA rosters accurate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #706
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Are sliders playing a role in these ratings? I just cannot seem to hit that well with these ratings. MLB is no problem, but in the minor still not seeing any results. I have all settings on default while playing on All-Star, no visual aids. I have good timing and contact on hits, but still no extra base hits or homers. Winning 6-1 in the 9th with the AAA Indians. All singles.
I'm having a similar problem in the majors with the Cards. I'm averaging 10-12 hits a game, but very few home runs. I had one game where all 14 of my hits were singles. Last year I led the league in HR's, this year I have 5 or 6 home runs in 9 games.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #707
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Doesnt there have to be room for improvement? The way the progression system is setup players gain attribute points each year. If you took a 19 gave him high power attributes, make him an a potential, then within a few years he would be jacking 70 a year. I might be wrong, but that's what I see when I edit rosters.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #708
All Star

franch1se's Arena

anyone have any info on Duanel Jones? 16 year old out of the Dominican, just signed with San Diego. I plan on adding him to my existing franchise, just wonder what type of player he is and what potential, can't find anything on him.

Last edited by franch1se; 04-14-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #709
Rookie

vegaas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
I guess I am just having a major issue with the fact that there are so many categories for us to tweak. There are really only 5 tools that we evaluate on a numbers basis. I have no idea why one would allow an increase to arm strength, arm is what it is, either you have it or you dont. I have struggled with trying to come up with a ratings scale in this game relative to real ratings. Mike Stanton is a prime example as he has 80 raw power now. If his power is high and is contact is low which it should be doesnt that just mean his avg will be where it should be but his homer numbers should be up on balls he connects on? I have simmed a ton of seasons only to see Hank Blalock lead the minors in homers with 25 or so and all the top prospects be in the 8-18 range. I guess I just dont get it attribute speaking.
That is how the game should work. Either you have a good arm or you dont, same with fielding either you have great reaction time or you dont. Contact should progress, fielding, not reaction should progress. Power should progress but only slightly. SCEA should make certain attributes somewhat static.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #710
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaas
That is how the game should work. Either you have a good arm or you dont, same with fielding either you have great reaction time or you dont. Contact should progress, fielding, not reaction should progress. Power should progress but only slightly. SCEA should make certain attributes somewhat static.

Power numbers are usually what develops the most. Players have not developed into their bodies and have not learned to drive a ball. Look at players like Bay and numerous other guys that didn't thump the ball till later.

Austin Jackson hit like 4 hrs last year in the minors. They project him to hit 20-25 a year.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #711
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

I managed to hit a triple and a double today! I hit the three bagger with Wendell Fairley and the Double with Brandon Crawford. Hmmmmm still not sold though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #712
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Whats the consensus on the A ball players? We cant use them in exhibition games so I suppose that they are solely for Franchise mode? What is everyone doing with their A ball guys?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »