Home

Allpro football would sell this time

This is a discussion on Allpro football would sell this time within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 12:00 AM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Allpro football would sell this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
They could, if they feel it'll be financially lucrative, make an All-Pro Football sequel that doesn't directly compete with Madden or hurt their current agreement with the NFL.
How would they do that?

7 on 7 All Pro Football?
Old 12-02-2020, 12:15 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
APF2K8 was a sim game. That can no longer be done.
Of the few things we do know, one is that EA has the sole right to produce an "NFL Simulation."

APF was absolutely not an NFL simulation.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:55 AM   #35
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Of the few things we do know, one is that EA has the sole right to produce an "NFL Simulation."

Right, they literally did everything in their power not to allow the end user to recreate the NFL.

They could conceivably do that again if they deem it financially viable.

The NFL doesn't own the "rights" to 11 - on - 11 football, but they do own the rights to their team names, logos & other properties.

We'll see how it goes & what direction they decide to go in.

I'll likely support whatever they come up with but a title like NBA Playgrounds or WWE Battlegrounds will have very, very minimal financial/cultural impact.

I think something like EA's the Yard or 2K's Park/City would be the best approach for tapping into the social, casual audience they really want to tap into.

I'm not certain how you make a full - fledged title with that being core experience, though? I think they'll package in a MyTeam element into the game too.

Again, the issue is that we haven't seen that element being the core - or stand - alone experience - of a full - fledged release before.

It could lead to a brand new experience in sports gaming, although pulling sales away from the simulation games making less necessary, or end up like a shallow, empty, boring title like EVOLVED.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 12-02-2020 at 01:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 08:58 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would love to see another APF type game, but I find it hard to see that happening. If it was an APF type game it would directly compete with EA’s MUT mode, which I don’t think EA would like to see happen. MUT and APF are essentially the same game mode, and if 2K would be able to deliver a improve spiritual successor to APF with actual players and NFL branding, that could potentially draw a lot of players from EA’s MUT to 2K’s new APF type game.

I think most MUT players don’t care for NFL uniforms or ability to recreate a NFL simulation, as long as they can identify with current players, it’s 11 vs 11, and plays like and looks like real football, they will play the superior game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-02-2020, 10:16 AM   #37

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL

We also know that according to 2k, the game will be a non simulation football experience.

Don't you think this would have been worded differently if they could still make a simulation non NFL game?

Quote:
2K's NFL games will be non-simulation football game experiences, and are currently in early stages of development. Specific game titles, developers and release dates will be announced at a later date.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #38
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
We also know that according to 2k, the game will be a non simulation football experience.

Don't you think this would have been worded differently if they could still make a simulation non NFL game?

I still think it’ll be a my park/my city type game but to play devils advocate with the wording, 2k announced multiple non-sim titles when they signed the deal in March with the NFL.

They signed the separate deal with the NFLPA in July and said this..

“We want to give fans experiences that are authentic, memorable, and fun, and having a roster of real-life sports heroes through the Players Association and OneTeam is a huge part of delivering on that promise.”

Authentic isn’t usually used to describe arcade titles, and maybe their plans changed a bit when they acquired the rights to players without the non-sim stipulation. Probably unlikely but just a thought.

Old 12-02-2020, 01:57 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I still think it’ll be a my park/my city type game but to play devils advocate with the wording, 2k announced multiple non-sim titles when they signed the deal in March with the NFL.

They signed the separate deal with the NFLPA in July and said this..

“We want to give fans experiences that are authentic, memorable, and fun, and having a roster of real-life sports heroes through the Players Association and OneTeam is a huge part of delivering on that promise.”

Authentic isn’t usually used to describe arcade titles, and maybe their plans changed a bit when they acquired the rights to players without the non-sim stipulation. Probably unlikely but just a thought.

You’re quote and mine are from the same announcement.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:25 PM   #40
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
You’re quote and mine are from the same announcement.

I’m not sure which one you quoted looking back through the thread. There were 2 different announcements, one for the NFL license in March when they specifically said they were making multiple NFL non sim titles.

The second was in July for the NFLPA and it never really states that agreement is for non sim only.

According to the news release, the partnership gives 2K the “right to feature the names, numbers, images and likenesses for over 2,000 current NFL players.” 2K plans to feature players “in multiple football games in development and set to launch starting in calendar year 2021.”

2k has the right to feature NFL players in any game. No restrictions as far as sim, non sim goes. It’s possible they could make an APF game with the players and not include NFL branding and still make multiple NFL games as well. They’ve never committed on how many games they plan on making. Again, I’m playing devils advocate for the hell of it. I don’t actually believe this is the case, just that the wording doesn’t rule it out.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »