Home

Allpro football would sell this time

This is a discussion on Allpro football would sell this time within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 01:22 AM   #17
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Allpro football would sell this time

all pro football 2k8 was ahead of it's time...plain and simple. you draft hall of fame players and square off against an opponent. now it's ultimate team and you pay to get the player you want to make the team you want. and it's the most popular mode in madden, go figure. anyways, seems odd to me that EA is focusing on non-simulation modes (the yard, superstar ko, adding NBA stars, etc.) and now that 2k will be limited to non-simulation only, will they try to crossover to include some simulation modes? or will they even be allowed to? would make more sense to hand over the non-simulation reigns to EA since they focus on that anyways (MUT, etc.) and hand over simulation to 2k.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:02 PM   #18
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

I think its pretty amazing, Madden is such a $#!& product that it has polarized me to the extent that I really don't care about football gaming at all.

I'd buy an unlicensed football game that was fully customizable. But I recognize I am in the extreme minority on that one.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 11-24-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:20 PM   #19
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I actually think a non-licensed APF type game with a deep franchise mode would sell well.

But the gameplay would have to be phenomenal and the franchise mode really deep...like better than what NBA2K now type of good.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 11-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #20
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I actually think a non-licensed APF type game with a deep franchise mode would sell well.

But the gameplay would have to be phenomenal and the franchise mode really deep...like better than what NBA2K now type of good.
I have to say, I'm not married to franchise mode.

Player progression and AI team management really has to be dialed in. If I have to go back and re-rate players, and undo dumb moves, I'll just make new rosters and start fresh each year in a season mode.

.. I'd LOVE to see something new, like a Coach mode game. Robust game-prep, playcalling, player development, and get creative with the offseason.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:34 PM   #21
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Franchise mode is a must for me, plus career stats. I haven't started playing Super Mega Baseball 3 franchise because they have yet to patch career stats into an update.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 11-25-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #22
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I was simply asking about the point of the post and the OP.

This to me reads to me like he's asking for a fictional league. What am I missing?

The NFL/2k deal allows only non simulation games. The only way for 2k to make a realistic game would be to use the players license and make a APF type game. Otherwise it has to be NFL playgrounds and maybe a yard/my park or city type game.

I guess the question is would be would the NFL players be enough to sell with a fake league

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2020, 03:57 PM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The NFL/2k deal allows only non simulation games. The only way for 2k to make a realistic game would be to use the players license and make a APF type game. Otherwise it has to be NFL playgrounds and maybe a yard/my park or city type game.

I guess the question is would be would the NFL players be enough to sell with a fake league

I know all this.

Not sure if this is a response to me or a general response to the thread with my post quoted randomly.

(The post you quoted of mine had nothing to do with anything you said)
Old 11-26-2020, 04:46 PM   #24
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I know all this.

Not sure if this is a response to me or a general response to the thread with my post quoted randomly.

(The post you quoted of mine had nothing to do with anything you said)

Guess something got lost in translation. I read your response as if you were asking if the OP wanted 2k to go with a fictional league.

My response was meant to say that if we get anything in a simulation style from 2k it would HAVE to be involving a fictional league.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »