Home

Generic EA Roster Editor

This is a discussion on Generic EA Roster Editor within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Generic EA Roster Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Don't care for this version of the editor, too limiting and it freezes too much to the point it makes a person stop using it. Not talking a few seconds freezes, but full minute freeze every time you go to a different field. Plus I like the Madden version better, more user friendly, much easier to do mass edits.

Speaking of mass edits, it doesn't do the entire NCAA roster. It stops at Hawaii. That is probably due to the fact NCAA has more players then Madden does when I use the Madden editor. But I like I said, the Madden editor is more user friendly and quicker.

But you are on the right track. If you can make a NCAA editor exactly like the Madden editor but ensure it does all 123 teams and not just half of them, you will have some thing golden.
Thanks for the feedback. Unless I code one particularly for NCAA, the speed issues are going to be there, since everything has to be looked up & cross checked.

Was it this generic editor or the Madden one that stopped at Hawaii? Madden is hardcoded to only edit the teams with team IDs 1-32 ( for obvious reasons ), but this one should work for all teams & does so in my testing.

Back to the performance bit, you can speed up the performance greatly by editing the config and taking out the cross referenced columns and control items ( ex. player ID, team ID, position, etc ). You are left with just the number values instead of the nice, friendly name, but it will load a ton quicker. Also note, there are over 8,000 players in an NCAA file compared to ~2,400 in a Madden roster.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Please code one specifically for NCAA. No rush or anything, but it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Ok gents lets clear this up.

Bottom line is

1. I can use the generic editor to edit ALL NCAA players including ALL attributes but it can be a pain because it freezes much of the time correct?

2. If I try to use the specific Madden editor (because of ease of use), for the NCAA game, I CAN'T edit all teams (stops at Hawaii) and SOME attributes CAN'T be edited?

3. If I'm willing to put up with the freezes, the generic editor CAN edit ALL NCAA teams and attributes?

Is that it in a nutshell? Not rushing you guys but an expedient response would be appreciated. I'm suited and booted right now ready to head to the electronic store for NCAA and a laptop. Standing by.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Ok gents lets clear this up.

Bottom line is

1. I can use the generic editor to edit ALL NCAA players including ALL attributes but it can be a pain because it freezes much of the time correct?

2. If I try to use the specific Madden editor (because of ease of use), for the NCAA game, I CAN'T edit all teams (stops at Hawaii) and SOME attributes CAN'T be edited?

3. If I'm willing to put up with the freezes, the generic editor CAN edit ALL NCAA teams and attributes?

Is that it in a nutshell? Not rushing you guys but an expedient response would be appreciated. I'm suited and booted right now ready to head to the electronic store for NCAA and a laptop. Standing by.
Pretty much sums it up. The generic editor is way too generic and time consuming.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #13
Banned

may be some confusion here, the madden editor only edits so many teams or players at one time, but you can still edit any team or as many teams as you want to, only one team at a time or am i mistaken. ive edited oregon and southern cal amongst others.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan1966
may be some confusion here, the madden editor only edits so many teams or players at one time, but you can still edit any team or as many teams as you want to, only one team at a time or am i mistaken. ive edited oregon and southern cal amongst others.
If you can't mass edit at once, it defeats the purpose. If I have to do it team by team, then I might as well just stick to doing it on consoles team by team.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #15
Banned

you must have more time on your hands than i do, i can edit a team to my liking in about 2 minutes tops using maddens editor, i dont have the patience for editing on the console
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #16
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah it takes me like 4 min to do 1 team with the editor. The stuff I have to do on the console is minimal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »