Home

Generic EA Roster Editor

This is a discussion on Generic EA Roster Editor within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Generic EA Roster Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol
Some of you may have seen my editor for Madden 12. Well, now I have created a generic EA roster editor. I only have instructions for editing an Xbox 360 roster, as I have no idea how to decrypt PS3 files.

Again, this is a generic editor, in that it should be able to edit any of EA's MC02 files that contain one of their DB files. Now that comes with a price, in that its nowhere near as feature rich as the Madden editor and its takes a bit longer to load, but such is life!

You can see my first introduction of it here which describes the config stuff and you can also get the instructions there for extracting the MC02 in the first post.

You need .Net 4.0, Horizon, ( links to both in other thread ) and my editor:

Get it here!

The short version is copy your roster to a USB stick, put it in the computer, open Horizon ( see other thread for download link ), extract the file from your USB device, open in the Package Manager tool in Horizon, and extract the contents to your computer ( with an MC02 extension to keep things straight ).

Now open the editor, choose File->Load Config and select the ncaa12.xml file included with the download. Now choose File->open and pick the MC02 file from your roster - that's its!

There are functions to filter a table's view and perform mass data functions to the items listed in the filtered view ( ex. say you filter out LSU CBs and mass set Speed to 90 - only the LSU CBs will have a 90 speed set ). Of course you can save it and reverse the process above to put it back on your Xbox ( don't forget to rehash & resign!!!! )

Let me know when you guys think. Oh, and if anyone discovers what some of the unknown fields are, please post & update the XML so we can all benefit!
Can you update the generic editor to permit edits within a filtered range? Example: Filter QBs with AWR between 40 and 60. Then, edit this range to add 5 points to each individual QBs AWR within this range.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #90
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Here is the latest update.
***Do NOT go into the in-game editor and edit a player after editing in the editor, it will reset that player back to EA's parameters ratings wise. Even if it's an accessory.

Confirmed Created Teams causes an issue with data being pulled in the editor.

Only thing left to include is the All-American/Impact Player Tag.
Will try and get in within the next day or two, got Papers to write as college winds down these last 3 weeks.

Lastly, the Game behaves differently when using these Editors compared to the in-game edits.

So folks must keep in mind that there is a difference in Gameplay behavior between the impact of internal and external editing that is done.

I'm having an issue with this particular config. When I try to load my roster it says an "Uncaught Exception"...but with the other configs "ncaa example" I can load my roster up no problem? Any ideas why?
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #91
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm having an issue with this particular config. When I try to load my roster it says an "Uncaught Exception"...but with the other configs "ncaa example" I can load my roster up no problem? Any ideas why?
Using the "Create Config" option under File, I created my own NCAA13 Config file in the generic db editor before I began to edit rosters. I load this config file before I open my rosters for edits. I have not had any issues using any of my edited rosters in the game. Maybe this approach would help you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
For some reason ROS files seem to always have a pop-up error.
DYN files should be no issue as that's what my Config is geared towards.

A regular ROS file has about 9 Tabs and around 25 Fields data is filtered to, the DYN file tries to pull data for over 100 Fields.

Although it pops up, some fields should have data streamed to them, but you should still be able to edit those Fields.

As to the exact reason why it does this, maybe someone or Xan would be able to explain.

Pop in a DYN file and let me know something pops up, as I just ran it and it loaded with no issues.

Let me know.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #93
Pro

Quote:
Found an Options Table (TABL) but don't know what it unlocks yet as there are 160 fields with 3 different combinations each field to see what is unlocked.

There are also some Fields in the Team Uni Table (TUNI) that suggest we "Might" be able to adjust colors of helmets, chin straps etc...

Oh, found how to give teams "Pridestickers", "All-Americans" and some other stuff.

Just got to do an update, but got some school work I need to take care of first.

Will see if I can get it up in the next day or two.
Have you made modifications to the generic editor? If so, do you plan to provide an updated editor?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #94
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Have you made modifications to the generic editor? If so, do you plan to provide an updated editor?

Thanks
Actually I didn't know about the create config, which pulls all the data available from the file and has it ready instead of creating it manually, which usually causes issues.

So I'm just going to transfer everything over to that DYN created file.

There is a TABL Tab that I think unlocks several options that are locked to the user.
Just have to go through all 160 Fields and test each to see what impact there is.

Transfer should take no more than a couple of hours.
Will get started tonight.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 12

does this allow you to edit the last-gen dyansty, settings, or roster files?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #96
Pro

Quote:
Actually I didn't know about the create config, which pulls all the data available from the file and has it ready instead of creating it manually, which usually causes issues.

So I'm just going to transfer everything over to that DYN created file.

There is a TABL Tab that I think unlocks several options that are locked to the user.
Just have to go through all 160 Fields and test each to see what impact there is.

Transfer should take no more than a couple of hours.
Will get started tonight.
I have used the generic editor to make major alterations to one of the latest Community Rosters (11111WISE11111). I have generally followed the ideas offered in this thread by making substantial reductions to AWR and several other ratings. I agree that the game plays more smoothly and that the field appears to play a bit "wider".

This editor is a fascinating tool and opens a whole new set of ways in which to customize the game to my personal preferences. I play exclusively in Coach A Game mode and I think that what I would consider to be better ratings settings would be different than the ratings for a person who plays in the Arcade mode.

I am very interested in following the progress of development of additional features for this editor and learning about what the various headers represent and how they can be altered. I wonder if we shoudn't propose an entire separate forum category for this editor so that comments, updates, and improvements can be captured in one place and be organized for better access. How would we go about getting a separate forum category created?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »