Home

Official Retired Numbers thread

This is a discussion on Official Retired Numbers thread within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #105
Rookie

ZonaZoo-ampD's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official Retired Numbers thread

Not sure if Arizona's have been posted yet, haven't look through all the pages:

#89 LB Ricky Hunley
#6 S Chuck Cecil
#4 CB Darryll Lewis
#92 DT Rob Waldrop
#28 K Steve McLaughlin
#11 CB Chris McAlister
#5 CB Antoine Cason

These will be retired at halftime of the USC game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #106
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Texas:

10 - Vince Young

20 - Earl Campbell

22 - Bobby Layne

34 - Ricky Williams

60 - Tommy Nobis

Soon to be retired:

12 - Colt McCoy
Old 09-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #107
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
LSU
20- Billy Cannon
37- Tommy Casanova
NOTE: that the number 18 is passed down to the senior that best represents the LSU fighting tiger spirit. It's started with Matt Mauck and has gone to guys like Jacob Hester, Richard Dickson, and is now with Richard Murphy.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #108
Rookie

the post about nebraska's retired numbers missed one, a very major one at that.

#20 Johnny Rodgers (it was used once after being retired, Johnny Rodgers permitted his son Terry to were it 86-90 before it was permanently retired again)
Old 05-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #109
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headtrip325
the post about nebraska's retired numbers missed one, a very major one at that.

#20 Johnny Rodgers (it was used once after being retired, Johnny Rodgers permitted his son Terry to were it 86-90 before it was permanently retired again)
Good catch, I think a lot of people don't realize it is back on the list. Although, his son wasn't the only player to wear it after it was retired. Although he was the first, many players have warn it since. The most notable who also wore it recently, Josh Bullocks, Marlon Lucky (who changed to #5 his Jr year cuz he thought it made him look faster), Michael Booker, It was just recently re-added to the retired number list after the 2008 season.

You are currect in the fact that it is now permanetely retired. Only 3 numbers are retired at Nebraska, 60 (Novak), 64 (Brown) and now once again Rodgers (20). There are 17 jersey's retired.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Good catch, I think a lot of people don't realize it is back on the list. Although, his son wasn't the only player to wear it after it was retired. Although he was the first, many players have warn it since. The most notable who also wore it recently, Josh Bullocks, Marlon Lucky (who changed to #5 his Jr year cuz he thought it made him look faster), Michael Booker, It was just recently re-added to the retired number list after the 2008 season.

You are currect in the fact that it is now permanetely retired. Only 3 numbers are retired at Nebraska, 60 (Novak), 64 (Brown) and now once again Rodgers (20). There are 17 jersey's retired.
lol not to drag this one back up seems there isn't much activity in this thread lately but how could i forget good old Marlon Lucky, Josh Bullocks and Michael Booker for that matter... i remember watching the Army All-Star game when Lucky was a Senior in HS and saying to myself this kid is gonna be great... shortly after i watched him do a front flip into the end zone and drop the football on the 1 yard line turning it over the the other team...
Old 05-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headtrip325
lol not to drag this one back up seems there isn't much activity in this thread lately but how could i forget good old Marlon Lucky, Josh Bullocks and Michael Booker for that matter... i remember watching the Army All-Star game when Lucky was a Senior in HS and saying to myself this kid is gonna be great... shortly after i watched him do a front flip into the end zone and drop the football on the 1 yard line turning it over the the other team...
Yah I think Lucky came in overrated, but think Callahan's inability to develop players made him worse than he could have been. But the Reggie Bush comparisons he got at one time were way off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #112
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpowser
USC Trojans:
3- Carson Palmer
5- Reggie Bush
11- Matt Leinart
12- Charles White
20- Mike Garrett
32- O.J. Simpson
33- Marcus Allen

All numbers were retired upon these players winning a Heisman Trophy, or their playing careers were completed (Bush and Leinart). The only number recently reissued was 20 to Darnell Bing, he received permission from USC AD Mike Garrett to use the number because this was also Bing's high school number.

To add to this post, honored #'s are #1 and #55. 1 is reserved for a stud WR while 55 is for LB's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »