Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #833
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I don't have the demo(ps3 owner) but I have a question for those that have played it...how are the fouls in the game? I know the standards are there, and read that illegal screen is there, but are there any others?

Also, I know that the demo is a shortened version of the game, but does it appear that managing fouls could be a factor this year?

Thanks in advance.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #834
Banned

OVR: 22
heres the vid for some of you who are having trouble contesting shots some will go in some won't i was playing on superstar level, just look at how when the defender shoots i always run forward 1st even if its only a step then i jump.... while it's not perfect it helps and also i noticed at like 3:29 artest dribbles picks the ball back up and starts dribbling again 1st time i saw that, but yeah. and there is no sound so just a popping noise so turn the volume on the youtube player down. if i had instant replay i could just show in one clip but oh well enjoy he 10 mins of video lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u18o5ne8l8E
Old 09-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #835
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

IDK how many of you guys are using the direct pass control but if you aren't your missing out.

In Live unlike a lot of basketball games in order to be effective with each player you have to know where the player likes to score.

For example with Lewis you know he's a shooter so with direct pass you can take advantage of that. When you are playing in the halfcourt take control of him using the controls and run him through a lot of screens to get him open.

With a guy like Kobe or Vince you want to find openings in your halfcourt set where they can go to work. So for them some things you can do is open up the floor for them by moving players out of their way so they can isolate.

For guys like Dwight or Bynum you want to take control of them in the low post and risk a few a 3 second calls trying to establish position in the paint.

Get him real low in the paint and dump it to him for an easy dunk. Once the D has to address that take control of guys like Pietrus or Artest and start roaming around. Space out the floor for quick 3's or dive to the basket for some easy points in the paint.

One thing that you don't want to do is just iso all the time because that will just lead to turnovers. Once you start thinking through the game like this it becomes a lot of fun.

So to sum up all this just keep your offense moving don't let it get stagnant. Don't just use the ball carrier all the time. Get to know your players areas of effectiveness and use it. Use plays as a way to get players in spots they like to score in if you don't know yourself.

And on fastbreaks direct passing is your best friend because you can control exactly where your players go. So for Pietrus you want to fill those lanes, where as Lewis you want to survey the floor and find openings for the J.

Once you start playing like this Nelson becomes a beast because his speed comes in handy for drive and kicks. Now when your driving to the basket look where the help is coming from and use direct passing to catch that open man in spots he can score in.

I'm having way too much fun w/ this game and I understand now why everybody keeps saying they can't go back to regular passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #836
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Still playing and loving it the more I do. I have only played with LA so far as it is so fun to play with Kobe. Getting him in the post for the fadeaway or in motion for his elbow fade jumper, just beautiful stuff. He is beastly, will be so fun to play with the stars. Spacing is amazing as we all know, but love running O in this game.

Controls are still hard to get used to but am continuing to practice. The passing controls are awesome and I love moving guys to positions I want them to be in. No issues getting a guy out to pop for 3, very nice when you do that and the shot is money. Rebounding has been tough for me, alot of the time I am hitting X instead of Y which I need to work on. Getting better the more I play.

I like that they made it hard to cheese and drive at will, but perhaps the good ball handlers lose it a little too much. One thing I noticed and like is a guy like Artest is stronger so he seems to bang and hold the ball better so getting him to drive into the paint against Pietrus results in good things. Another one of the matchup beauty's in this game. Had Lewis get switched onto Kobe on the wing. Sized him and blew by for the dunk. Just felt right and great.

Have seen some of the odd hold the dribble and shoot a 30 foot three at the end of the shotclock. Hopefully things like that are ironed out. The game isn't perfect and has quirks. I can overlook these things when the total package is so strong. Synergy adds so much to this game, just so impressed overall.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #837
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

For you guys having trouble rebounding remember that the game has a momentum system. So when your in the paint make all your left stick movements really subtle don't jam on it.

For rebounds in this game you have to time your rebounds and be in a postion to catch it.

The players only jump straight up in the air. So if your in the middle of the paint and the rebound comes off right you may not catch it.

Because the player is position to catch a rebound coming from the middle.

So what you have to do is maneuver your player around until he's in position to jump straight up and catch it. Another thing is you have time your jumps also so if the player has a high arc you have to wait a bit for it to bounce of the rim.

While guys with low arcs you want to be ready jump quick because the ball is going to probably shoot off the rim fast.

This will take a lot to get used to do (I'm still learning myself) because you have to think about so much just for one rebound. Its more like real life imo because you have to take into account all the things you would if you were actually rebounding.

Try and practice in the hangar so you can get a better feel for how on to rebound.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #838
Banned

OVR: 2
I am also a ps3 owner. I was introduced to this site by my boy II-JDJ-II. From reading the posts I can tell that 70% of the people that post their opinions were hoping for more ways to cheat. Now they have nothing to play. Lmao! Finally live has given us something to work with.
I am more of teamplay fan. So the exploits that were used were the square shooters from behind the 3pt line. Also players other than the point calling for the rock n mashing square n the paint. People sabotaging games by calling all the timeouts n repeatedly getting technicals. Then once we figure out who the exploiters are, we have to continually make the rooms over bcuz the exploiters come right back. There is no way to kick them out of unranked rooms.
Its good to have guys like czar n beluba who genuinely offer advice but does it take for them to post the same stuff on every page? Read thru the pages, watch the czarisodes. He is basically spoon feeding us. Dawg as soon as I get dat demo ima take heed.
Live has made strides n has given us hardcore livers(from 95) the best live ever(arguably). Let's embrace it n play BASKETBALL! I know I will n a few days!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #839
Rookie

OVR: 5

Has anyone else lowered the game speed settings a couple clicks? I found an almost perfect spot where it helps reduce some of the sped up animations but also allows for players to get out on fast breaks.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #840
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
The vast majority of the comments in this thread are from people that are going into the demo with their minds already set that the game will suck big time. It's one thing to say that the players visuals are on the shine side and the lack of a back down button hurts. But to say that the mechanics of the game are broken? I don't know about it..
Well, to be fair...alot are going w\ the whole "Live is back" mindset, and dont want to acknowledge that there are some bad spots lol....alot of good spots too, but there are some bad...the mechanics arent perfect in every aspect man.

The more honest feedback that is given, the better they can continue to make the game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »