Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #913

in mid air's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I love that they have the actual sounds from Laker games. Makes it feel more authentic and that I'm actually in the arena.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #914
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by in mid air
I love that they have the actual sounds from Laker games. Makes it feel more authentic and that I'm actually in the arena.
Yep, the authentic sounds are great.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #915
Banned

OVR: 22
But since Mike Wang said it will still be contextual I guess its okay I just don't want to get sucked into a post up unnaturally....... but what will happen when you press the button and nothing happens people will still have the same reaction and more to complain about and say its unresponsive. And u know what unresponive controls mean..... bad ratings bad ratings will lead to the dev team being dismantled and a ****ty game the following year. Idk I'm just ranting because I like the control scheme of any game that requires some skill to utilize. And I also think some people have no patience they wanna run down court and post with 20 secs still left on the shot clock lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #916
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
yes. Either way, the contextual postup will stay in tact. LS click or RB for postup?
RB for me....I have the heaviest fingers ever created.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #917
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Do you have hold the RT (turbo) for standing dunks or dunks right under the basket, or is it contextual?

I keep doing a crappy big man sizeup under the rack with Dwight and getting stripped when I just want to go straight up and dunk on someones head.
I've been able to dunk over the top of the defenders with D-12 even on Superstar but you gotta have some factors going for you during the play.

First, I've been feeding Howard only after he has positioned himself deep into the paint (wich can be achieved calling plays or controlling him of the ball). Once there, I hold RT and when I'm right under the basket pressing X will make me go for the flush with a high frequency. But after a few sucessfull trips the AI will start to double team and make you adjust.

There are some nasty rim-hanging facials. It's very nice to stabilish a post game and then play inside-out.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:24 AM   #918
Banned

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Do you have hold the RT (turbo) for standing dunks or dunks right under the basket, or is it contextual?

I keep doing a crappy big man sizeup under the rack with Dwight and getting stripped when I just want to go straight up and dunk on someones head.
I haven't experinced that but I always press turbo just as I'm about to hit the x button so. U shouldn't be holding turbo just a press but I will see if its contextual for big men in the paint.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #919
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
IMO posting up on the perimeter just doesn't happen often or at all...I think some of used to use that tactic in prior LIve versions where we would post on the perimeter and spin off the defender to get free. Watch a couple of NBA games and I doubt if you will see it often, if at all...
In the elbow area, ft line area, and on the baseline, it happens maybe not that often but its more of a thing of position rather than just willy nilly posting guys up near the 3pt line or whatever. That wasnt my thoughts and I'd think that to be quite silly.

Vince posts up at the ft line and launches his patented high arc hangtime fadeaway. Those are the kinds of shots im talking about.

That said im not sure or not there will be a happy medium for guys but there is never anything wrong with having options. Hopefully we figure this thing out together by the time retail ships

Last edited by 23; 09-14-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #920
Rookie

OVR: 1
This game is overated I'd give this game a 6.5/10. 2k6 is light years ahead of this game. Live is not competing with 2k this year but hopefully next year it will. I just want answers to these questions. I want to know :
1)Why can set up for a charge if u can't draw charges in the game when in the paint? If the user was able to draw charges that would be a huge help on the defensive end.
2)Why the rebounding, blocking, stealing(interception and off the dribble) controls are so unresponsive?
3)Why i can't do a manual dive for a loose ball?
4)Why when on defense does my player jump by himself when a player is coming towards me, I thought this year was about total player control.
5)Why there isn't a defensive stance button. Dont u guys learn,
when live 09 came out there was no defensive stance button and later on u guys had to put a patch that allowed us to get in a defensive stance because people complained that it was hard to stay in front of the ballhandler, and now u do the same nonsense agian.No offense, but do u guys have a brain?
This game is way better than last years game,but it could've been way better if it didin't have these problems. Dont tell me that u guys can make a patch and this will all be fixed becuase you can't, I just hope these problems are fixed in live 11.
(props to Mike Wang for helping EA have a half- dencent playable bball game this year.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »