Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #825
Rookie

OVR: 5
The more times I play this game and the more a pay attention to playing it like it should be the better it gets. I was sorta at a loss with the post up button being removed but learn if you slightly move into your man that kicks in the backdown animation.

This is sim balling at it's best, i think thats why a lot of people are complaining, they thought they were playing sim ball until Live 10 came out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #826
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Whats this I here about you can't manually back down? I did it a couple of times..
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 09-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #827
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

i already stated that i liked the demo, but i hate that when a loose ball is right by ur guy, too often someone else rushes in to grab the ball away.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #828
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Ha, Kobe is so deadly but you can't do it the old way, just isoing and driving for dunks... have to use him in true Kobe style and he's nearly unstoppable. There's nothing better in this demo than shaking them a bit and stepping back for a jumper... feels great and you can really punish them for defending the drive too much. The variety of jumpers is great on this game.. love it.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #829
Banned

OVR: 1
I am a PS3 owner and haven’t played it yet stupid on PSN and the Live Crew. But anyway from what l have read those who have negative comments don’t like the defence, but from looking at ppl play the demo they play Live as if its a video game and not a sim. I believe this Live is more sim then ever. But ppl get upset because the get beat on defence. The only solution to this problem is learn the control and realized that Live isn’t trying to baby you with helping you on defence by offering more control then 2K. Its crazy because if you play other games like EA driving games you don’t want them to push the gas for you while you steer the car or a fighting game move the character for you while you fight but let it come to basket ball its another story. Same goes for ppl who mastered MADDEN if you play it as it supposes to be intended then you will understand things. USER CATCHES and all. The problem is that BBALL SIM PLAYERS ARE BABIED and for too long...... So you give them what they want then they complain about it....
IT’S SAD.....
Old 09-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #830
Banned

OVR: 12

Bottom line...LIve 10 is a very good game...Its a demo and the retail game will be tighter and more thorough. Everything about this game screams next gen...From player models to graphics to gameplay and physics.

This will be a thinking man's basketball game as opposed to just continuously iso-ing your way to the hole. Ball and rim physics are great, rebounding is solid. I ust need more time to really get into the nuts and bolts of the game in a full court practice mode.

I'm actually gonna play the demo for a day or so longer then just go cold turkey until I get the retail...I'm excited about this game
Old 09-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #831
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
I'm starting to sound repetitive, but I'm loving rebounding and blocking shots. As I said earlier, you can really dominate both aspects of the game if you put your mind to it. It's not like you are guarding someone at the perimeter and at the last second you switch to your big man. I don't think it's broken at all, both requires timming and that's great.
The rebounding I don't have a problem with, but do you have suggestions for boxing out?

If my man is right in front of me, then the blocking is fine and I can time those well. But sometimes my defender attempts a block in the wrong direction or jumps straight up in the air. Nobdy is pouting, these are just observations from the demo but maybe you can clue us in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #832
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
The rebounding I don't have a problem with, but do you have suggestions for boxing out?

If my man is right in front of me, then the blocking is fine and I can time those well. But sometimes my defender attempts a block in the wrong direction or jumps straight up in the air. Nobdy is pouting, these are just observations from the demo but maybe you can clue us in.
try making contact before hitting Y to box out. in other words get a body on your man then use the Y button

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »