Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #849
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Like I said before there needs to be defensive animations that force the ball handler to pick up his dribble.

There is...a timely executed double team on the ball will force the ball handler to pick up his dribble and/or get ripped
Old 09-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #850
Rookie

Blazix's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
To all the people who play the demo and initially think "this doesn't feel right". Just give it a chance. At first I didn't really like it either but, I started playing the way the teams play in real life and I started to get it. I ran the triangle to perfection and things started to click. Don't pre judge the demo. This game will be off the chain. (PS Dwight & Kobe are beasts!!!)
I agree with this a 100% It felt wierd at the beginning but after gettin used to the controls it feels amazing
Old 09-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #851
MVP

OVR: 36

I'm tired of playing the demo can this game come out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #852
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Since I respect what OS is about, let me try to be a bit constructive. But first, can anyone explain to me why when I Player Lock Kobe, Fisher doesn't pass the ball, and the players don't shoot?
I see no one answered this but I had the same issue. Player lock in the demo is broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't have the demo(ps3 owner) but I have a question for those that have played it...how are the fouls in the game? I know the standards are there, and read that illegal screen is there, but are there any others?

Also, I know that the demo is a shortened version of the game, but does it appear that managing fouls could be a factor this year?

Thanks in advance.
I felt like a lot of the fouls in the post were predetermined. Either that or the call would come in late.

Overall I think post work needs a ton of work. Too many times when playing ORL Dwight will catch it in the post, pivot, and take off for a dunk with no dribble. I don't care how athletic he is, it's not physically possible to launch yourself like that at the rim off 2 feet with no step or dribble.

I would like to just be able to beat my man off the dribble with no move for once in a video game.

Teammate AI is very spotty. I've seen too many times where my guards will get beat off the dribble and the bigs rotation will be too late or the contact animation in the paint will be non-existent. Too many uncontested layups in the paint and/or guys like Fish/Nelson finishing over Howard/Bynum/Gasol.

Dynamic DNA is an incredible feature that will reap benefits in the future. Spacing is fantastic as is the playcalling and the free flowing offenses but the clunkliness, bad rebounding mechanics, and lack of consistent smooth animations still plague this series.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #853
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well, to be fair...alot are going w\ the whole "Live is back" mindset, and dont want to acknowledge that there are some bad spots lol....alot of good spots too, but there are some bad...the mechanics arent perfect in every aspect man.

The more honest feedback that is given, the better they can continue to make the game...
Co-sign 24th.

I know this game isn't final code so I won't hold it against the final product but if this is how dna is being inputed someone is doing it wrong. D Fish doesn't play as himself imo as he dominates the ball like Iverson- constantly trying to drive the lane and forcing bad shots. D Howard is also playing like C. Bosh constantly trying to face up and drive rather than post up. Bynum is floating around the high mid range area. Maybe that has something to do with playing on superstar rather than all-star(with the exception of d fish who plays like that on every level). I'm also getting becoming a little disappointed with the playcall execution by the a.i. as I see a lot of bunching up in the paint . Little disappointed with the user cpu a.i. off ball movement as well when no plays are called and teammate d(I think help d is almost overprogrammed as my guys are leaving when they don't need to creating way too many cpu scoring opportunities). Dunks seem to ignore defender proximity and just warp to the basket at times.

Despite all that, I'm still playing it a lot
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 09-13-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #854
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Beluba - I have noticed a problem with the rebounding - often the CPU players will jump early (way before the ball even hits the rim)....it's like the CPU is cheating a bit, because it knows the shot will be a miss ahead of time, so it will jump early - as the ball comes off the rim the CPU rebounder is already at the peak of his jump and just snatches the ball before the human player even gets a chance to jump. This issue of players jumping early to rebound seems to happen a lot.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-13-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #855
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Whats this I here about you can't manually back down? I did it a couple of times..
it's contextual, not like last year. This could be good and bad. I'm loving the game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #856
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpimp007
it's contextual, not like last year. This could be good and bad. I'm loving the game though.
Yeah your right. You have to slowly move in with the player. Thats a really bad idea whoever came up with that.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »