Home

Banned for 'exploiting' bug I reported on PC.

This is a discussion on Banned for 'exploiting' bug I reported on PC. within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Banned for 'exploiting' bug I reported on PC.

My bug report on October 9th.

Quote:
(ME to 2K Support), Oct 9, 10:56 PM: I encountered a very strange bug where using VC to upgrade attributes in MyCareer did not actually spend my VC. I was essentially able to upgrade my player for free. I was not able to reproduce the bug after restarting the game, but the attributes were saved when I reloaded it. I deleted the player and filed this report immediately.
This is the only response I got. No instructions, no follow up questions.

Quote:
Hello (Mabek), Thank you for contacting 2K Support! I am really grateful that you reported this issue with VC regarding the PC version of NBA 2K16. Because of the work of diligent players like you, we've been able to collect enough information about this abuse to notify the development team, and they are currently working toward a solution. Unfortunately, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and so we don't have a timeline for a fix to be implemented. That said, please follow us on Twitter (@NBA2K), as this is where new info as well as upcoming patches will be announced. We are truly grateful for your contribution in solving this abuse! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know! Kind regards, Francis L. 2K Support
On October 22nd I log in to find that I'm banned from online due to Terms of Service violation.

Quote:
(Me to 2K Support), Oct 22, 8:53 PM:When I try to log in to NBA 2K16 I get a message about being banned for violating terms of service. I KNOW this is related to my bug report ticket (#1243934) regarding VC not properly spending. As I reported this bug to you and took action to delete my MyCareer player, I am asking that my account be unbanned immediately.
Quote:
Karel C., Oct 23, 2:58 AM:Hello (Mabek), Thank you for contacting 2K Support! I'm sorry to hear that you were banned! It's a very unpleasant issue. Even more so knowing that you actually alerted us that you experienced the free VC spending glitch. I want to help get this resolved as soon as possible! Your ban is currently under review in the appropriate department, rest assured that we will keep you updated as soon as this issue is resolved. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks again for your diligence and honesty! Please contact us if you have any other concern, I will be glad to help you! Let's get you back on the court! Karel C. 2K Support
Understandable mistake, I'm sure we'll get this resolved quickly...

Quote:
Hello (Mabek), Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot disclose many details about the banning. What I can tell you is that your account stating that you have upgraded your player without spending VC. The banning is an action taken by the developers to all the users who exploited such glitch. We are very sorry that we are currently not considering appeals for this issue. The banning of this account will be permanent. Sorry for bringing you the bad news. As to the other related questions you have or you may have, I recommend getting on social media. You can talk to NBA 2K and our public spokesman Ronnie 2K on Twitter here: [Twitter Link] On the official 2K NBA discussion pages here: [2k Forum Link] Should you want to know an alternative way to back online: you can try to create a new STEAM account then use family share to link the two accounts. After that, you can use the new account to run the game. If you have any other technical questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. Regards, Chao Z 2K Support
I am told the ban cannot be appealed even though I immediately reported this bug that I encountered to 2K support and that I should either evade the ban through steam sharing (wtf?) or whine to Ronnie on twitter (lol). I can't say I am thrilled with 2K support right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Banned for 'exploiting' bug I reported on PC.

LoooL

That is the first time i hear about that "bug"

I think that you are lying and actually you used Cheat engine to upgrade your player without speniding VC...

Now use second chance with family share,and dont use CE again
Old 10-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #3
Rookie

You think that I used Cheat Engine to upgrade my player, deleted it, and then reported it as a bug to 2K support? I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

As a guy who plays with Mabek all the time I can say for certain he's not a cheater.

Plus, if you read his post, the 2K CR rep gave him a way to get around his ban. Why would someone who uses a cheat engine get upset about the ban when they can just follow the CR's instructions and then use a cheat engine to instantly have a 99 character again?

On the other hand getting your legit character banned after reporting a bug to 2K and then having to start over would be very frustrating.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:23 PM   #5
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

So wait, banned for using a bug in the game, without needing CE etc? That seems pretty harsh given a user could do it without knowing, based on the above description of the issue.

I suspect they banned those they thought were aware of getting upgrades for free, i.e. maxing out a player, or adding a lot of upgrades. I can understand banning that particular MC player, but the whole Steam user? That's pretty excessive.

Where do you get the ban notice? Loading the main menu? Loading MC? Loading MyPark?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #6
Rookie

A message right after the splash screen that tells you you're banned for violating TOS. You can no longer login into any of the online features on that steam account.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

Lol wtf? are they ****ing stupid. I'm guessing that you clearly only realized that bug AFTER you upgraded your player noticing no points reduction and then reported to them and they acknowledged that yet they ban you for that. If you're actually being honest that's just stupid as hell from them.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #8
Rookie

flo182's Arena

wow ... what are they thinking?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »