Home

Banned for 'exploiting' bug I reported on PC.

This is a discussion on Banned for 'exploiting' bug I reported on PC. within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Banned for 'exploiting' bug I reported on PC.

I think the insult to injury is that there are still tons of 99s playing in MyPark.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #10
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
wow ... what are they thinking?!
My experience is that 2k has pretty bad customer service, who usually have absolutely zero influence on the developers. I think they also promote reaching out to them on twitter because it's less of a forum for back and forth communication so they can pick and choose what they respond to and give limited answers.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:07 PM   #11
Banned

hedop's Arena

Even though I am a bad cheater (apparently) I have to say this is appaling. I have had several friends banned as well who I'm absolutely certan never touched CE. They participated, unknowingly, in the VC glitch at the beginning of the the release, reported it, got back a message stating that 2k is aware of it, thx for reporting it, will cause no problems and they can of course keep the VC. A couple of weeks later 2k actually set their VC account to zero, for whatever reason, now they are banned. They went the same route as you and were told the same: we are aware that you reported the bug, we are aware that this is what got you banned, the developers do not allow appeals at this moment, we are very sorry, all you can do is use family share on steam so basically circumvent the ban which is in itself a reason for a ban.

If this isn't ****ed up I don't know what is and I have no problem claiming that they have no clue who is actually using CE because your save is saved local on your harddrive. All they have are your logs of earnings and spendings of VC. If something doesn't add up there, they do not check whether you actually reported the bug or what they just ban you straight away and of course there is no appeal. So yeah... honestly? Wow...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #12
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedop
Even though I am a bad cheater (apparently) I have to say this is appaling. I have had several friends banned as well who I'm absolutely certan never touched CE. They participated, unknowingly, in the VC glitch at the beginning of the the release, reported it, got back a message stating that 2k is aware of it, thx for reporting it, will cause no problems and they can of course keep the VC. A couple of weeks later 2k actually set their VC account to zero, for whatever reason, now they are banned. They went the same route as you and were told the same: we are aware that you reported the bug, we are aware that this is what got you banned, the developers do not allow appeals at this moment, we are very sorry, all you can do is use family share on steam so basically circumvent the ban which is in itself a reason for a ban.

If this isn't ****ed up I don't know what is and I have no problem claiming that they have no clue who is actually using CE because your save is saved local on your harddrive. All they have are your logs of earnings and spendings of VC. If something doesn't add up there, they do not check whether you actually reported the bug or what they just ban you straight away and of course there is no appeal. So yeah... honestly? Wow...
Sounds like time to spread this around asking gamers/the community to not buy VC; perhaps for a period of time (November) or until these bands are lifted.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #13
Just started!

Im glad I finally signed up

Good Web-site, Keep up the very good job. Thank you so much.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:06 AM   #14
Rookie

Not surprised. I myself got banned after simming a few games and found out both about the VC sim bug and the fact that you don't get off days when you sim.

Guess what, also banned.

Quote:
Unfortunately your account has been banned due to a glitch being exploited in it, allowing excess VC to be received without truly being earned.
Way to go, 2K. Pathetic.

Seriously. All I wanted to do was to sim the games to get off days for practice to increase my attribute and I get banned.

Looks like 2K is gonna give us the short end again this year. Already they're not giving any ****s about PC users cause it doesn't seem likely that a PC patch is coming before year end.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:17 AM   #15
Banned

This is hilarious.

As you can see, nobody in this company actually reads their co-workers emails. Seems like customer support and the department responsible for issuing bans are absolutely unable to communicate. That's what happens in big companies with zero connection between departments.

I think you should try to start a ****storm on forums and twitter and youtube and everywhere else. Cause customer support is unable to deliver your message. They are probably just some 3rd party freelancers not even connected to 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 06:26 AM   #16
Banned

Oh, here's the translation:

Hello (Mabek), Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot disclose many details about the banning.

= Unfortunately I do not know who would be able to unban you.

What I can tell you is that your account stating that you have upgraded your player without spending VC. The banning is an action taken by the developers to all the users who exploited such glitch.

= You have been automatically banned by an algorithm of our system.

We are very sorry that we are currently not considering appeals for this issue.

= There's nobody responsible or authorized to unban people.

The banning of this account will be permanent. Sorry for bringing you the bad news. As to the other related questions you have or you may have, I recommend getting on social media.

= If you need help you gotta contact people who matter or you need to go somewhere where you will be seen and potentially cause harm to the company's image.

You can talk to NBA 2K and our public spokesman Ronnie 2K on Twitter here: [Twitter Link] On the official 2K NBA discussion pages here: [2k Forum Link]

= If you need help you gotta be lucky and find somebody who has a better connection to the people in charge.

Should you want to know an alternative way to back online: you can try to create a new STEAM account then use family share to link the two accounts. After that, you can use the new account to run the game.

= I'd love to help you, but I can't.

If you have any other technical questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. Regards, Chao Z 2K Support

= Hope you don't hate me or my colleagues in the support department.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »