Home

NBA 2K16 PC Stuttering Collection Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 PC Stuttering Collection Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-01-2015, 09:50 PM   #73
Rookie

zendez33's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Stuttering Collection Thread

Turned the crowd completely off and everything is silky smooth...
i7-4770k/8GB/1TB SSD/GTX 660TI SLI

Love the PC version but man it gets old, really old. Every year it seems there is a stutter issue and I am left digging for the perfect combination of settings to resolve the damn problem. Might as buy a console and be done with it.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:48 AM   #74
Just started!

Pretzelus's Arena

OVR: 0

Got rid of 99.9% stuttering in the game. I'm running RivaTuner Statistics Server in the background locking the fps to 60. My other setting are as following:

Fullscreen
Vsync: On
Dynamic Vsync: Off
Antialiasing: 2 Quality: 0
Everything on High, including crowd
Every special effect: On
Super Sampling: 1

My rig:
i5-3570 3.4 GHz/6GB Ram/GTX 770

I tried previous instructions on this thread with borderless fullscreen and no antialiasing. While borderless fullscreen was still giving me some stuttering, game without antialiasing at all looked just awful, so I set up everything as shown above, and it works perfectly.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #75
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

So I just discovered something interesting.

I had finished up my first franchise season/offseason, and wanted to hit the gym to scrimmage with my new squad. In MyGM, playing a "scrimmage" puts you in some Gatorade practice gym...I couldn't believe how smooth everything felt, it was almost like a completely new game!

So I tested, and put my settings to what I ran 2k15 on...buttery smooth, even smoother than 2k16 games run for me on bare minimum settings (yes, I even keep crowd completely off, the game looks terrible like this and makes me feel dirty for playing in this state).

Now, I'm sure playing in a practice gym is obviously going to mean a little better performance than in an arena with all the special effects and additional models taking power to display. But seriously, it was night and day, and I've been playing with special effects and crowds off in real games anyways so it's not like removing those had some profound effect. Playing in this Gatorade gym allowed me to crank up the resolution, shaders, player detail, reflections, etc.

I've been looking for optimism that the game will eventually run decently for me, and this has given me some. I just hope my hope isn't misplaced
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #76
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
So I just discovered something interesting.

I had finished up my first franchise season/offseason, and wanted to hit the gym to scrimmage with my new squad. In MyGM, playing a "scrimmage" puts you in some Gatorade practice gym...I couldn't believe how smooth everything felt, it was almost like a completely new game!

So I tested, and put my settings to what I ran 2k15 on...buttery smooth, even smoother than 2k16 games run for me on bare minimum settings (yes, I even keep crowd completely off, the game looks terrible like this and makes me feel dirty for playing in this state).

Now, I'm sure playing in a practice gym is obviously going to mean a little better performance than in an arena with all the special effects and additional models taking power to display. But seriously, it was night and day, and I've been playing with special effects and crowds off in real games anyways so it's not like removing those had some profound effect. Playing in this Gatorade gym allowed me to crank up the resolution, shaders, player detail, reflections, etc.

I've been looking for optimism that the game will eventually run decently for me, and this has given me some. I just hope my hope isn't misplaced
Scrimmage works perfectly for everyone on max settings if they have just a decent rig.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:18 AM   #77
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Scrimmage works perfectly for everyone on max settings if they have just a decent rig.
Well I can't/couldn't max the game but I was able to run at my 2k15 settings. Do you mean that it works perfectly for everyone unlike the rest of the game, or that just about anybody should be able to max it out (due to much, much better performance regardless of optimization/bugs)?

If the latter, then why is that? Is it lack of crowd and special effects? Because those are not a factor for me, I'm already having to run 2k16 at bare minimum settings for regular games.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #78
Just started!

cank3r's Arena

Can someone with an ATI/AMD gpu tell me which drivers are being used? I have the latest ones.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:54 AM   #79
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
Well I can't/couldn't max the game but I was able to run at my 2k15 settings. Do you mean that it works perfectly for everyone unlike the rest of the game, or that just about anybody should be able to max it out (due to much, much better performance regardless of optimization/bugs)?

If the latter, then why is that? Is it lack of crowd and special effects? Because those are not a factor for me, I'm already having to run 2k16 at bare minimum settings for regular games.
Yes I meant that the scrimmage works without stuttering for all. It's not the lack of crowd and special effects. If that was the case we could just turn them off and get rid of the stutters.
I'm on a R9 280x, tried all possible combinations for settings, all display drivers from 14.7 to 15.9.1, everything on low and off and still there's stuttering. Performance also gets worse after 2 games. This means there are big optimization issues like the latest Batman title. I'm sure Leftos will try his best but as I already posted I'm not so optimistic.
2k got my money as every year for the pc release and the great game (gameplay wise) they provide, I won't go for a refund (I think there's no way also because I've exceeded the time limit) but this is the last time I support them.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #80
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Yes I meant that the scrimmage works without stuttering for all. It's not the lack of crowd and special effects. If that was the case we could just turn them off and get rid of the stutters.
I'm on a R9 280x, tried all possible combinations for settings, all display drivers from 14.7 to 15.9.1, everything on low and off and still there's stuttering. Performance also gets worse after 2 games. This means there are big optimization issues like the latest Batman title. I'm sure Leftos will try his best but as I already posted I'm not so optimistic.
2k got my money as every year for the pc release and the great game (gameplay wise) they provide, I won't go for a refund (I think there's no way also because I've exceeded the time limit) but this is the last time I support them.
I understand your lack of optimism (I was sort of feeling that way too) but isn't this a reason for optimism? If the game already runs perfectly fine in one area, wouldn't there be hope that they could fix the other areas to run similarly?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »