Home

NBA 2K16 PC Stuttering Collection Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 PC Stuttering Collection Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #41
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Stuttering Collection Thread

Got to see NBA2k16 attempt to work on a i7 4790k, gtx 970, 16gig ram system.

After seeing it, I'm convinced nobody at 2k ever loaded/played this game on PC ever during development or they did and didn't care knowing people would buy it and they could patch it later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #42
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

well this is weird I turned depth of field off, vsync off, but i did have fullscreen, and was experiencing a bit of fps drop. But this time the audio was going weird and then the commentary just died out.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #43
Just started!

Hi,

As a positive I am experiencing for the most part smooth in-game gameplay with max settings (antialiasing 4/8), supersampling off and unsynced at 144hz with a gysnc monitor (sli enabled or disabled). The only inconsistency is oddly passing through half court and there will be a slight microstutter. It is jarring on broadcast stadium view but greatly mitigated on broadcast generic camera.

However I am getting unusual stuttering during out-of-game cutscenes, quarter recaps and halftime show replays. The stutters feels as if the cutscenes and replays are sped up but being chopped up and spliced. Most of the time the stutter seems to stem from the info overlays during the cutscenes (Player profile, League leaders etc.). Without them the cutscenes start smooth but as the overlays are faded into the scene the stutter begins. For example action replays are butter smooth but when an info overlay cutscene begins the framerate becomes very erratic. It's very disappointing for such an effort emphasized on the NBA broadcast production side of things. Hoping things can be fixed up.

i4770k @ 4.2
Gtx 780ti sli
16gb ram
850 Pro SSD
Old 09-27-2015, 11:02 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Was wondering if the game limits you to 60fps cap in online play? It also seems to limit it to 30 during the tip off, timeouts or cut scenes. Anyone know of a way to change it?

I am using a 144hz monitor and have changed the settings but during online game play it drops it down.

This is according to the steam overlay fps display.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:52 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

can somebody help me please. i can't find the following folder on my pc C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K16\...
the AppData folder is not there...??? any solutions? i would like to make some changes to the VideoSettings.cfg

Ok, i had to activate "show hidden folders" option. Solved. man this stutterin in menu and while playing is pi... me off big time. i knew, just wait 2-3 weeks and see how it goes. i had to know better... SMH!!!

Last edited by balldoktor81; 09-28-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 07:18 AM   #46
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by balldoktor81
can somebody help me please. i can't find the following folder on my pc C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K16\...
the AppData folder is not there...??? any solutions? i would like to make some changes to the VideoSettings.cfg

Click your start button, type(or copy/paste) %AppData% and press enter.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 09-28-2015, 07:30 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

does anybody know how long it will take 2K to come up with a patch to solve this mess???
Old 09-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I was able to really help my stuttering and performance issues by changing it to Fullscreen Windowed and turning off all vsync options. I use Rivatuner and nVidia inspector to lock it at 60.

But you can see that the game performance is all over the place. I monitor my GPU usage with rivatuner and it fluctuates a lot from 110% to 70%, even with a steady amount of action happening. More optimization needs to be done.
This worked for me as well. running 1440p with antial to 4 and super sampling to 3 works perfect on gtx 970. Could play 4k full screen on nba 2k15 and 60 fps. This at least made the game much more useable. Is anyone else having the issue of it still dropping to 30 frames per second during cut scenes though?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »