Re: Your GPUs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeopardy
So....I have this machine:

AMD-FX-4130
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX3
Ram: 4GB
Nvidia GTX650 - 2gb - Ddr 5

I got microstutter with my Dvi connected monitor. Are you telling that is due the dvi connection? So I can fix it changing to Dsub....Is that right?

Thanks!!
Not a guarantee. . But it does seem to be a promising lead. I didn't have all these issues until I put this driver on. It did happen to coincide with fifa and NBA2k coming out. I naturally put more weight on it being game related. But this would explain how the symptoms are all over the place. Wrong card, wrong driver/chipset, and the game actually needing some more optimizing would add up to the issues. But, it seems to me, that driver is killing performance on rigs. I'm going to try a Displayport cable first. That doesn't work, roll back to my old driver. Here's to hoping. I have played one full game on Action 2 cam that I could stand enough to finish the game. Every other end to end cam is last on my rig. And I don't do sideways cams.

P.S. I was on NLSC, and they had a link to a review on the forums. A guy ,the reviewer, had a rig with dual 670's, and was having the same issues. Makes me feel a lot better.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 10-13-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #50
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Not a guarantee. . But it does seem to be a promising lead. I didn't have all these issues until I put this driver on. It did happen to coincide with fifa and NBA2k coming out. I naturally put more weight on it being game related. But this would explain how the symptoms are all over the place. Wrong card, wrong driver/chipset, and the game actually needing some more optimizing would add up to the issues. But, it seems to me, that driver is killing performance on rigs. I'm going to try a Displayport cable first. That doesn't work, roll back to my old driver. Here's to hoping. I have played one full game on Action 2 cam that I could stand enough to finish the game. Every other end to end cam is last on my rig. And I don't do sideways cams.

P.S. I was on NLSC, and they had a link to a review on the forums. A guy ,the reviewer, had a rig with dual 670's, and was having the same issues. Makes me feel a lot better.

thanks for your commeents Brian. Please let me know the results of you display cable test..Jus in case It doesn´t work...which is the old driver you are gonna bring back?

a million thanks!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #51
Rookie

mrcultureshock's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm running a Intel Core i7 960, GTX 980 Superclocked, and a 1080p monitor. I have the game running full screen windowed to get rid of stutters and all graphic options are maxed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #52
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I was running 331.65. It's a wee bit old!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

i5-4670K + GTX 770 --- running maxed everything with 2048x1152 resolution...the only problem is that all the players have this blurry 'aura' around their heads lol
Old 10-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #54
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan

Although I have amd you think hdmi would work better for you?
Old 10-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #55
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Although I have amd you think hdmi would work better for you?
I have the ps4 in my hdmi slot. Yes, it only has one. This is my monitor: http://www.viewsonic.com/us/product-...cdp4237-l.html

P.S. Didn't realize the dang thing didn't have speakers until I hooked up the ps4 to it. Went to Walmart and bought a $50 RCA soundbar. Tada!

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 10-13-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #56
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Although my stutter is gone I don't know how much of a difference hdmi makes me

Interesting thought though. Kinda clashes with the guy who said disabling his audio drivers worked

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »