Home

Old 10-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #57
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Your GPUs?

MSI 7850 @ 1200 / 1550 with everything maxed out. Maintain 55-60 FPS throughout with zero stuttering.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 12

Alright so here's my most recent report on technical issues.

Running as an administrator seemed to smooth out my experience a bit. I went back up to high texture detail yesterday, before trying the run as admin fix. So i still get drops when the cheerleaders come out down to like 30-25 fps but during gameplay I'm pretty stable at about 50-60 fps. I'm more than happy getting that out of my radeon 6850.

I tried running the game on windowed mode but it ran less smoothly and I'd get some screen tears even with vsync on, so I'm back to running full screen and those issues went away.

I've been playing myCareer in 2k cam and normal games in broadcast and my fps are pretty consists t in both camera views.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #59
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I wasn't getting much stutter in the broadcast cams, but in MyCareer's 2K camera cam I was getting enough to be annoying (even though my FPS was supposedly not much different).

The "Run as Administrator" didn't seem to do much for me, but going in to Task Manager and setting the priority of NBA 2K15 to either High or Above Normal (recommended by someone over at NLSC) worked great. Everything's been much smooth since.

Regardless of what works for whom though, I hope there is some optimization in the works.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I'm curious - why Xeon? From what I recall, there used to be little point in them outside of servers (and even then it was arguable a desktop Intel would be fine in most servers; it always seemed a bit arbitrary to me).
It's almost the same as a i7 without the inside graphic chip, a little bit weaker but cheaper
Old 10-14-2014, 02:29 AM   #61
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NguyenJr
It's almost the same as a i7 without the inside graphic chip, a little bit weaker but cheaper
Oh, right, the onboard GPU thing. And cheaper? shows how much I know about PC hardware these days - I'm remembering a time where Xeon's came at a significant premium cost wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 03:57 AM   #62
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I wasn't getting much stutter in the broadcast cams, but in MyCareer's 2K camera cam I was getting enough to be annoying (even though my FPS was supposedly not much different).

The "Run as Administrator" didn't seem to do much for me, but going in to Task Manager and setting the priority of NBA 2K15 to either High or Above Normal (recommended by someone over at NLSC) worked great. Everything's been much smooth since.

Regardless of what works for whom though, I hope there is some optimization in the works.
THIS TASK MANAGER THING SAVED MY LIFE!!! Goodbye Micro stuttering .. thanks a lot!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Oh, right, the onboard GPU thing. And cheaper? shows how much I know about PC hardware these days - I'm remembering a time where Xeon's came at a significant premium cost wise.
i know less than you about PC hardware, i've asked my friend about it and he recommended me that i should buy the Xeon
Old 10-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

When I do this it freezes the game. I open the game, open task manager, set CPU priority to above normal, tab back to game and the controller doesn't work and I can't do anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »