Home

PC Discussions Thread

This is a discussion on PC Discussions Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #81
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: PC Impression's Thread

How is 2K15 on the PC this year? Last year's game was borked especially with online association trying to advance to season 2. Is this year's game in pretty good shape?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 02:48 PM   #82
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
How is 2K15 on the PC this year? Last year's game was borked especially with online association trying to advance to season 2. Is this year's game in pretty good shape?
Aside from the platform wide server issues, the game is solid.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Aside from the graphical issues, I think a lot of issues people are having in the game right now can be resolved by putting Steam in offline mode, or otherwise disconnecting from the internet before playing. Playing while connected to the 2k servers is just wreaking all sorts of random havoc for me, from crashes to features not working (pressing up on the D-pad didn't display the player's stats in the upper right), to the biggest ones - the game not letting me quit out of a quick game (it only gave me restart or sim to end, and said I wouldn't earn VC if I simmed...LMAO) or scrimmage (the entire quit button was grayed out, forcing me to Alt-F4). Once I went into offline mode, all of the above worked fine.

Launch server woes, more than anything, are the biggest problem with this game right now.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #84
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah I'm not liking the gameplay much either, after playing 2k14 on Xbox One and now the PC version of 2k15....it still feels like a downgrade.

All the way down to using old photos of players in the menus. During intros you still see players in their previous team uniforms and stuff like that. That I'm sure the console versions are updated images.

There is no halftime show, just stats.... Intro to the games seem super short and so do the sideline report going into the half seems like it's 4 seconds and back to the studio...

Lighting effects are different than consoles and the effects option in the video settings don't specify what it controls...Servers are broke all together...

Playing superstar level and the CPU just runs circles around my defense, when a star player gets the ball..my defense just starts running out the lane, they don't pick up open players, they run off well defended ones in the paint...and when you try to switch players to manually control the player, it auto switches to the wrong person.

And allows the CPU to score at will...this is straight frustrating.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #85
Rookie

chadex's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Yeah I'm not liking the gameplay much either, after playing 2k14 on Xbox One and now the PC version of 2k15....it still feels like a downgrade.

All the way down to using old photos of players in the menus. During intros you still see players in their previous team uniforms and stuff like that. That I'm sure the console versions are updated images.

There is no halftime show, just stats.... Intro to the games seem super short and so do the sideline report going into the half seems like it's 4 seconds and back to the studio...

Lighting effects are different than consoles and the effects option in the video settings don't specify what it controls...Servers are broke all together...

Playing superstar level and the CPU just runs circles around my defense, when a star player gets the ball..my defense just starts running out the lane, they don't pick up open players, they run off well defended ones in the paint...and when you try to switch players to manually control the player, it auto switches to the wrong person.

And allows the CPU to score at will...this is straight frustrating.
I'm not so sure about the console versions having updated player pics yet, although I'm sure that will happen with a roster update. The advantage to having the PC version is that after a few months modding community will be able to get us updated player photos and even add legends and other stuff like with the Ultimate Roster stuff from last year's PC version. And because we have the power of the PC, we'll end up getting that stuff much quicker than consoles when it hits.

As for general impressions...I think I got the game down to a smooth performance rate. Textures - High Crowd and Player - Medium , AA - 4X, Shader Detail - Low, everything else on, and I'm getting 50-60 FPS. I was regretting my purchasing decision yesterday, but I'm sure I'll feel much better once some mods and updated kicks are out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #86
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadex
I'm not so sure about the console versions having updated player pics yet, although I'm sure that will happen with a roster update. The advantage to having the PC version is that after a few months modding community will be able to get us updated player photos and even add legends and other stuff like with the Ultimate Roster stuff from last year's PC version. And because we have the power of the PC, we'll end up getting that stuff much quicker than consoles when it hits.

As for general impressions...I think I got the game down to a smooth performance rate. Textures - High Crowd and Player - Medium , AA - 4X, Shader Detail - Low, everything else on, and I'm getting 50-60 FPS. I was regretting my purchasing decision yesterday, but I'm sure I'll feel much better once some mods and updated kicks are out.
Not so sure about how quickly the mods will be on line. Andrew at NLSC said all of their current tools are useless, that the file types are very different with 15.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #87
L4K
Rookie

Anyone else in Australia not have their game unlock yet on Steam? The release date for the game is today (October 9th) but it still says unreleased. Anybody have any idea how to unlock it? Cheers.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #88
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4K
Anyone else in Australia not have their game unlock yet on Steam? The release date for the game is today (October 9th) but it still says unreleased. Anybody have any idea how to unlock it? Cheers.
Pretty sure the Steam release is 10/10 man.....

Thats why I held off getting on Steam - may aswell buy in store today.....

Crap huh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »