Home

PC Discussions Thread

This is a discussion on PC Discussions Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
PC Discussions Thread

Since we basically have a completely different game this year, I'm curious to see how folks feel about the changes.

I got in a few hours today, and I have to say I'm not too impressed so far. The biggest headache for me is how poorly optimized the game is. I have a pretty decent rig and even on medium settings the frame rates are trash. Especially during cut scene's. Needless to say this has a huge impact on gameplay.

I like what I've seen so far with my player mode, minus the HORRIBLE voice acting. I've tried 3 different voices and they are all laughable. I earned a 10 day deal with the Hornets and Al Jefferson sounds like he's reading cue cards he can barely see. I think I'm just gonna stick to reading the subtitles.

Im gonna start my gm when I get off in the morning just to play around with it, but I just don't really see myself diving in until I find a fix for the frame rate issues. Sounds like a perfect excuse to upgrade the ol video card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: PC Impression's Thread

what is your specs....i have a i3 3220 8gigs rams and a gtx760 plays smooth about 60fps but drops in cuts
Old 10-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Pretty sure its my video card at this point. Had to go back to my gt 640 until I replace my gtx 750 that died. but my specs are

AMD phenom II X6
Evga GT 640
16 gigs
Old 10-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I have to agree that this game is poorly optimized. I have a beast of a rig, and have just spent the last 4 hours trying to get it stable. I am very grateful that we are getting the "next gen" engine. But it seems that we are once again getting an inferior product. A secondary priority. I really hope that this game is patched. There is no reason that my rig should not play this game at max settings silky smooth. And my rig is not so exotic as to be causing the game fits with compatibility. This game is looking like a beta build right now. I'm going to try and play with it for now. But I can't see myself playing it long term. It's Drive Cam or 2k for me, exclusively. I have an i7 3700k, 32GB of RAM and a Titan Black, and the game stutters? I'm thinking it's not the rig..... Not cool.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
Pretty sure its my video card at this point. Had to go back to my gt 640 until I replace my gtx 750 that died. but my specs are

AMD phenom II X6
Evga GT 640
16 gigs
You may have a lot of RAM, but the other 2 are not great. Not for today's "next gen" games at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 09:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Running everything max on a HD 7900 around 40 FPS. If I turn AA down to 2x I can do 65FPS steady. No vsync. 8GB RAM, AMD 8320 ~3.5Ghz, 1920x1200. Not a huge rig by any means but definitely handles most of what I throw at it.

I think looking at NBA 2K requires a bit of content. Overall, it seems like a poorly optimized title for PC. The menus, keyboard integration, etc, is all very poor for PC use. It definitely feels like the game should run smoother. There are still a lot of issues with screen tearing at certain parts, though this doesn't bother me. On paper, not very good. But when you look at it in comparison to past titles I think that this is definitely a step in the right direction for the series. Hopefully this does well and 2K continues to invest in PC as the strong platform that it is and not as an afterthought.

I am honestly pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by Babrook; 10-07-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I only played two short games, but it feels different than before. Definitely more emphasis on movement and shifting whereas last gen 2k14 felt like i was sliding the players around.

I have a good rig, using a gtx760. However, I have to run the game on 1080p medium settings for textures and players. It runs great on those settings, but if I try to run it on high everything, the game will stutter.

It's weird though because I'm using FRAPS to check my fps, and it says its still around 50-60 fps at max settings, but the game stutters terribly. I didnt really notice that big a difference between medium and high so for now i'll just stick with medium though i'm sort of surprised I can't run it smoothly on high.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:07 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

It kinda irks me that the PS4 version is smoother than the PC lol

hopefully we get some drivers soon....a slew of new games came out this month and NVIDIA will most likely have a beta version soon...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »