Home

PC Discussions Thread

This is a discussion on PC Discussions Thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: PC Impression's Thread

Early on, this is feeling like "be careful what you wish for" with hoping for a PC version that is as feature complete as consoles. I've had nothing but trouble with my profile not storing my VC and for the better part of the evening, when I try to start up the game, it's taking me to the MyPlayer initial setup.

I've killed the program without saving, so hopefully whenever things stabilize I get back my VC and face that I spent forever trying to get right. Game is fun and looks fantastic, and I'm sure some of this is just typical release window frustrations, but I do miss being able to fire the game up and just, you know...play.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Early on, this is feeling like "be careful what you wish for" with hoping for a PC version that is as feature complete as consoles. I've had nothing but trouble with my profile not storing my VC and for the better part of the evening, when I try to start up the game, it's taking me to the MyPlayer initial setup.

I've killed the program without saving, so hopefully whenever things stabilize I get back my VC and face that I spent forever trying to get right. Game is fun and looks fantastic, and I'm sure some of this is just typical release window frustrations, but I do miss being able to fire the game up and just, you know...play.
Just so you know, this is all over the console board as well. The servers have been going up and down constantly - it's just a bad time to be doing anything VC or MyCareer related right now. It's not a PC-only problem.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #11
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

Hope 2K reaches out to nvidia and amd for optimization help, or figure it out themselves, not liking the performance so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #12
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Just so you know, this is all over the console board as well. The servers have been going up and down constantly - it's just a bad time to be doing anything VC or MyCareer related right now. It's not a PC-only problem.
Yeah, I'm aware, but it's more than VC/MyCareer related since I can't get into the game at all without saving a new MyPlayer (and based on my experience last year with 2K14, I don't want to risk losing my current guy by doing so).

That's kind of what I meant about being careful what you wish for (and I'm really only being half serious with that). One of the benefits of the PC version not requiring VC and such in past was being able to just hop in and play offline regardless of 2K's servers. Now I get to share in console problems...lol.

Anyway, it's launch day, so I expect hiccups...my post was merely venting a bit of frustration.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

As for the stuttering, I posted in the bug thread with what I'm experiencing. As far as I can tell the stutter only happens in the transition game - when players and the camera are moving down to the other side of the court.

Please like the post in the bug thread if you're experiencing this issue, so that whoever reads it has an idea of how common it is.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0&postcount=89
Old 10-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #14
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

I seem to also have issues with stuttering on inbound passing. Other than that it will run smooth.

I really hope they keep up to date with patching and rosters as they would with the console versions.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Okay, try this guys - it seems to have minimized (but not eliminated) the transition stutter for me.

Run the game on "Windowed Full Screen" in the video options instead of normal full screen. The stutter's still there for me, but it's so small and quick so as not to be noticeable unless I was actively looking for it.

I'm only talking about during gameplay here - I drop frames in cutscenes so I can't really say if it's affecting the stutter there. Nor do I really care if the framerate dips too much while I'm not actually playing - that's supposed to be the eye-candy anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #16
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Ill give it a try tonight

Did anyone try that NVidia thing someone posted here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »